Getaway: Illusionarium on Embarkation Day: which show??

scrabble6

Hello! New to NCL, excited to be cruising on Getaway Feb 2015! Doing the Ultimate Dining Package which includes the Illusionarium show (on Embarkation day only). Two show choices: 5:30 PM and 8:45 PM. Leaning towards 8:45. Anyone have any thoughts on which show you would attend? Any tips? We're not in a suite or Haven, if that matters...

If you have children, I would recommend doing the early show, so that it will be over in time for them to attend the opening of Splash Academy at 8PM. It's important for kids to be there the first night.

If no kids, you might want to do the later one to ensure you have time to enjoy the sailaway party then prep for dinner/night out. Some people like to wait in long lines for Illusionarium to ensure they get a great seat. Some of those people end up missing the sailaway party. It just depends what is important to you.

Hello! New to NCL, excited to be cruising on Getaway Feb 2015! Doing the Ultimate Dining Package which includes the Illusionarium show (on Embarkation day only). Two show choices: 5:30 PM and 8:45 PM. Leaning towards 8:45. Anyone have any thoughts on which show you would attend? Any tips? We're not in a suite or Haven, if that matters...

Since you have the UDP, my suggestion would be to book a later show so that you can dine in one of the specialty restaurants first. The Illusionarium is a dinner and show but the food is nothing to write home about. There are no choices. Everyone is given the same items and I thought the food was so so.

Edited by sacruising

Since you have the UDP, my suggestion would be to book a later show so that you can dine in one of the specialty restaurants first. The Illusionarium is a dinner and show but the food is nothing to write home about. There are no choices. Everyone is given the same items and I thought the food was so so.

How does that work? Do they keep track of the restaurants you go to? Are you limited to 7 dining experiences?

How does that work? Do they keep track of the restaurants you go to? Are you limited to 7 dining experiences?

We did the magic show at 5:30 pm and then had a reservation for Le Bistro at 8pm due to the negative reviews about the food. My DD liked the meal, me not so much! The dessert in particular is mostly chocolate based and I do not eat much chocolate as it tends to not agree with me. As a result, I enjoyed the escargot and coq au vin plus Creme brulee at Le Bistro! We didn't miss the whole sail a way but wanted to do the later evening activities which is why we chose to go to the early show. When we arrived, there was no line and we were seated right beside the stage where we could see everything.

snow bunny

Thanks for the responses! We'll probably do the late show and keep the earlier evening hours for sailaway and exploring.

I had no idea you could eat at more than one specialty restaurant each evening with the UDP. Thanks for info!!

Thanks for the responses! We'll probably do the late show and keep the earlier evening hours for sailaway and exploring.

I had no idea you could eat at more than one specialty restaurant each evening with the UDP. Thanks for info!!

Yes, like the others said. You can dine in more than one specialty per night. And if you book the restaurants via website, you can reserve as long as there are two hour spaces between your restaurants and shows. Appetizers in one, watch a show or activity, and then a main course/dessert in another. Get your money's worth and double it... Enjoy the experience.

Edited by sacruising