Best time to get to port in Barcelona for the Epic?

ldlewis45

My cruise is in two weeks! I'm a planner, though, so I'm trying to plan out the optimum time to get to the port. I want to get on the ship ASAP, since I need to go to the spa to get a spa pass and I don't want to risk them being sold out. After my cruise on the Breakaway, I'm a spa addict! I NEED those heated tile loungers!

Edited by ldlewis45

I have been following the Epic's route for the last few weeks and it is due to dock at 5am on the Sunday, we are also on the Transatlantic cruise.

We live in southern Spain and are flying up on the Friday, we plan to get to the port by around 10am or maybe earlier.

Our only experience of cruising is a 5 day on the Norwegian Sky from Miami last year, we got to the port at about 11am and were in quite a late boarding group and that is a small ship in comparison.

Maybe post on the rollcall for the cruise as there are a few people on there who have done the cruise before.

Have a great time, I really can't wait and am driving my husband crazy!

Hi,

On our epic cruise in June,

We arrived by taxi at 11am and was in group 2 that boarded at 11-45.

Group 1 boarded at 11-30.

It was all very well organised and relatively quiet early on.

Have a great cruise,

28SAC

We just got back from last week's EPIC cruise!

You are going to have a FANTASTIC time!

No need to get to the port too early, as the check-in process does not start until 11:00 and it goes VERY quickly!

We left the hotel at 10....got to the port at 10:30. The NCL check-in crew all walked out to their stations at 11, and we were on the ship eating lunch by 11:30.

Getting there early only only assures you will have to sit and wait for the check-in process to start.

They are so good at it that the place was cleared of its initial crowd in minutes, and I suspect those arriving the rest of the day found little or no lines at all to check in.

HAVE FUN!

:)

A little tip, after being told you can board and you go up the escalator, don't go to the first entrance. Walk down to the right as there is a second entrance with no queue as people don't realise you can use both.

We got there at 11 and were straight on