Help me understand Las Caletas

KatieBug28

We did the Las Caletas day just last week and loved it. The beach was moderately quiet with just enough activities to make the day enjoyable and not rushed. I had an hour massage and my husband had 30 minutes. Very nice Swedish massage with an excellent price ($60 for 1 hour). We also enjoyed the buffet lunch which was delicious as was the margarita and the Mexican coffee with Kahlua. The crew to and from Las Caletas was friendly and helpful and the crew at the site were as well. For us, it was the perfect beach day.

We port at noon, and we leave the next day at 3:00 pm. I hate to pay $110 pp for a partial day. Is it worth the cost for a half day? Thanks.

We port at noon, and we leave the next day at 3:00 pm. I hate to pay $110 pp for a partial day. Is it worth the cost for a half day? Thanks.

Las Caletas is always about a 7 hour experience with over an hour total of travel time.

You can book the AM or the PM trip, but either way you can't come and go as you please, or stay longer. (Although I wish we could have!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Las Caletas is always about a 7 hour experience with over an hour total of travel time.

You can book the AM or the PM trip, but either way you can't come and go as you please, or stay longer. (Although I wish we could have!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did not get a AM or PM choice when I booked ours last week. I would of loved a PM!! Would give us more time to sleep in a little! 😊 our AM leaves at 8:45-2:45

We did not get a AM or PM choice when I booked ours last week. I would of loved a PM!! Would give us more time to sleep in a little! our AM leaves at 8:45-2:45

Offerings are dependent on when your ship arrives/departs or if you are a resort vacationer.

By Day - The first shift leaves the port area at roughly 0900, gets to use the property for beach and other activities, lunch at roughly 1 PM and return to the port around 2:30. This trip supports ships arriving before 0900 and resort guests. The second shift leaves the port at roughly 11:30, gets to the property as lunch is served, gets use of the property and other beach activities in the afternoon and returns to the port around 5 PM. This trip supports ships arriving after 0900 and resort guests bumped from the first shift by ship's passengers. The two shifts overlap at lunch.

By Night - A candle lit dinner and a live show in an outdoor amphitheater. Early shift leaves late afternoon, arrives & has the show followed by dinner and then return to the port. Late shift arrives, has dinner and then attends the show. Return is somewhere around 11 PM. First shift is generally available to ships that leave after 7 PM. Late shift is generally available to ships staying overnight and resort guests.

We have done Las Caletas by day about a dozen times since 2000 and Las Caletas by night three times, all as resort guests.

Is it worth the money? A very subjective question and the answer is dependent on your tolerance for beach vendors, crowds, beach vendors, loud music and beach vendors. Las Caletas does offer a continental breakfast on the trip there (early AM), open bar while there, fresh-made buffet lunch (a cooking class during the meal prep), non-powered water sports and an open bar on the boat rode back. It does not offer large crowds or beach vendors. If your ship is in Vallarta for only 8 hours or so, you will see nothing of Vallarta itself as the excursion takes the whole day. Carnival does spend enough time in port to allow for the day excursion and evening travel to downtown Vallarta. Ships that stay over night have the best of all activities (for the most part).

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Offerings are dependent on when your ship arrives/departs or if you are a resort vacationer.

By Day - The first shift leaves the port area at roughly 0900, gets to use the property for beach and other activities, lunch at roughly 1 PM and return to the port around 2:30. This trip supports ships arriving before 0900 and resort guests. The second shift leaves the port at roughly 11:30, gets to the property as lunch is served, gets use of the property and other beach activities in the afternoon and returns to the port around 5 PM. This trip supports ships arriving after 0900 and resort guests bumped from the first shift by ship's passengers. The two shifts overlap at lunch.

By Night - A candle lit dinner and a live show in an outdoor amphitheater. Early shift leaves late afternoon, arrives & has the show followed by dinner and then return to the port. Late shift arrives, has dinner and then attends the show. Return is somewhere around 11 PM. First shift is generally available to ships that leave after 7 PM. Late shift is generally available to ships staying overnight and resort guests.

We have done Las Caletas by day about a dozen times since 2000 and Las Caletas by night three times, all as resort guests.

Is it worth the money? A very subjective question and the answer is dependent on your tolerance for beach vendors, crowds, beach vendors, loud music and beach vendors. Las Caletas does offer a continental breakfast on the trip there (early AM), open bar while there, fresh-made buffet lunch (a cooking class during the meal prep), non-powered water sports and an open bar on the boat rode back. It does not offer large crowds or beach vendors. If your ship is in Vallarta for only 8 hours or so, you will see nothing of Vallarta itself as the excursion takes the whole day. Carnival does spend enough time in port to allow for the day excursion and evening travel to downtown Vallarta. Ships that stay over night have the best of all activities (for the most part).

Enjoy!

Thank you for all of the info! ;) looks like our ship is in port from 8am-8pm so I guess thats is why we only got a morning to afternoon choice! Think next time we will book one where the ship stays overnight in port so we can experience everything at night there too! :)

Thanks Again! :)