Yangon(Rangon) Burma City Tours

chicksw

We plan are taking the Feb 2 - 16, 2015 HAL Voledam SE Asia cruise that will dock in Yangon(Rangon), Burma for 3 days. Would like to find out if there are 2-3 private local tours available (e.g., Yangon city tour & exploration of neighboring regions etc.) & if so, any advise or contact website would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Steve C

Oceanside, CA

We plan are taking the Feb 2 - 16, 2015 HAL Voledam SE Asia cruise that will dock in Yangon(Rangon), Burma for 3 days. Would like to find out if there are 2-3 private local tours available (e.g., Yangon city tour & exploration of neighboring regions etc.) & if so, any advise or contact website would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Steve C

Oceanside, CA

Join the roll call. We have 2 small groups set up with a local tour company to do tours all 3 days, I believe there are still 2 spots open in the second group. Karen

• 1 year later...

We did the Volendam earlier this year. 100 pax used myamar shalom. Two full days private tour. Guide driver car all for about $400. Be the first off the ship and you will beat everyone else. Clearing the ship takes time. They will be on the pier holding signs. Find your name from the deck.

We (2 persons only) have booked Khiri dot com and travel privately to Bagan with overnight's stay. We pay around US$650 per person as we need return airline tickets, private transfers, local guides, one hotel night and arrange visits to temples for 1/2 day, mini river sunset cruise, next day market visit (by 4X4 Jeep) and lunch, followed by a dinner back in Yangon. We return on the 2nd evening to ship. Tour operator is a small Asian chain and Myanmar office has Dutch GM. They really planned this tour according our needs as our interests were not 'standard'. Yangon is very nice but for us it would be shame only to see around Yangon. Please take into account that transfers to airport of Yangon will take 2 hours one way driving.

If you need more contact info you can contact donnieh dash marc at outlook dot com.

• 2 weeks later...

I met a man named Kaung San in Yangon while I was there. He was astoundingly helpful and friendly and I would recommend him to anyone.

He showed up on my Linkedin recently but I don't see him now so can't say the name of the agency he works with . . . but, again, associating yourself with him could do *only* good and no harm at all...!