Help - e-tickets, boarding pass etc

Hi

Not used this system before - can someone please advice what we have to print out and what we do with them ?

What do we have to put on the cases - anything or just our name and address labels..... people are mentioning bar codes ??? and buying transparent tags ??

Help please.

Thanks

Thomson will send you an e-mail detailing all these things plus links to various parts of their website.

You will need to do an API (advanced passenger information for the airline)

the e-ticket looks nothing like a ticket, just some sheets of paper with E-ticket, booking Ref and Departure date on the top right of the first page. i only print the first 2 pages.

You can print your airline boarding passes from 7 days before departure, unless you reserve or upgrade your seat, in which case the passes can be printed 2 weeks before departure.

There is nothing to attach to your case. just take the e-ticket, boarding passes for both outbound and homebound flights, and passport to the desk, they attach one of those bar code labels to your case and then you can go to security.

i attach a label to the case with my name, ship, boarding port and date. Not my home address, no point in advertising your house will be empty :eek:

When you get to the destination airport they will give you labels with cabin numbers on to attach to your case.

May I ask please, what is the benefit to printing out your own boarding pass if you still need to queue to hand over your suitcase ???? You will get your boarding pass there !!! Confused.

so is everyone else, maybe they are trying to save a few pence on paper costs, or a few seconds, time being precious :rolleyes:

Of course people turn up with boarding passes that their code reader can't read so they have to issue new boarding passes anyway.

If you check in online (which I think you have to do, not sure if they can refuse boarding if you haven't???) you stand a better chance of being seated together than just turning up at the gate.

The earlier you check in the better, as the seats together will get allocated first.

Maybe someone who has just turned up at the gate will be able to tell us what happens? We have always printed them out since this system has been in place.

If you booked through a TA then they will do all this for you.

Like Dave we only print the first 2 pages of the E-ticket, the rest of it is BS.

I only print he first page of the e-ticket, I'm not even convinced you need it at all.

The rest, as indicated, are just a waste of paper and ink.

You can't download and print boarding passes (even Thomsons couldn't screw that up) if you haven't booked and paid for a holiday or cruise with flight.

Our seats for Ancient Wonders next week are pre-allocated both ways.

The only benefit that I can think of is that this procedure saves time at the check in desk when you drop your bags - the desk operator doesn't have to determine and allocate seats.

I only printed off pages 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the boarding passes - pages 2, 4 and 6 were blank - "spacers" I assume.