New ship events

gacruzguy

I have often read people getting invited to tour the new ship or an event on the new ship prior to its first US sailing. I read some Cruise Critic members got invitations to the event for the Getaway. I was wondering how you get the invite. Do you have to know someone in the corporate office or is there a specific criteria you have to match?

Just curious how I can get in on the events.

I have often read people getting invited to tour the new ship or an event on the new ship prior to its first US sailing. I read some Cruise Critic members got invitations to the event for the Getaway. I was wondering how you get the invite. Do you have to know someone in the corporate office or is there a specific criteria you have to match?

In my experience the person who coordinates the Meet and Greet with the Group Services Coordinator can ask about special activities. The GSC figures out what might be possible and provides a sign up sheet at the M&G.

For The Breakaway, they honored Hurricane Sandy victims. Usually the pre-cruise events for for industry people such as travel agents, local community officials and special invited guests. For The Getaway the invited guests including people from thee Miami Dolphins. I think that some of the Corporate Officials are allowed to invite "Special Guests". I have no idea how to get your name on that list.