? about Carnival changing our kids room

Busymomof4

When we booked back in May, we booked directly through Carnival. Our PVP was very helpful. We have 4 children so she booked my husband and I and 2 kids in an outside room and other other 2 kids in a room across from us. Just curious if it will stay this way because their room is a quad. Could they possibley move them away from us?

Once on the ship you may do as you please!!!! Booking they usually want a parent in each room unless one of your kids is over 25. But if the Quad is on the inside then that is where 4 people are going to have to sleep. Carnival does not care who it is!!! Enjoy!!!!!:)

When we booked back in May, we booked directly through Carnival. Our PVP was very helpful. We have 4 children so she booked my husband and I and 2 kids in an outside room and other other 2 kids in a room across from us. Just curious if it will stay this way because their room is a quad. Could they possibley move them away from us?
I don't see how as long as you booked specific rooms. You didn't book guarantees did you?

I would double check with your PVP. I am actually surprised that they allowed you to put two in a quad cabin. We tried to book a quad cabin for two and they wouldn't allow it. Carnival said they've gotten very strict about this. Maybe you booked before they changed their restrictions.

If you did a guarantee, you could end up anywhere on the ship. We are in a similar situation and spent more to get an actual room assignment. Plus, we wanted a specific room (with bunks, not roll arounds) for the girls.

I would double check with your PVP. I am actually surprised that they allowed you to put two in a quad cabin. We tried to book a quad cabin for two and they wouldn't allow it. Carnival said they've gotten very strict about this. Maybe you booked before they changed their restrictions.

At certain times of the year the restrictions aren't as tight as more peak times.....either way if Carnival needs that quad for a family of four then they have the right to move them.

How old are your kids? Your PVP "should" be able to book all 4 kids in the quad cabin. As long as you are booked across the hall there shouldn't be a problem. My PVP has booked my kids across the hall from the beginning.

I have heard some say that they booked a triple or quad and were moved because Carnival "needed" the quad. IF you have to, book one adult with 3 kids across the hall and the other with one child in the outside cabin, just to be safe.

Not what she's asking, Chuck.;)

BusyMom - If you booked specific cabins, you shouldn't worry about it. It's only when booking 'guarantee status' that one or both cabins might be changed.

Thanks Cotton....We didn't book guarantees. We have specific room #s. I was just wondering since there were only 2 booked in a 4 person room. I wondered if they would try and move them to a 2 person room to make room for 4 other passengers.

How old are your kids? Your PVP "should" be able to book all 4 kids in the quad cabin. As long as you are booked across the hall there shouldn't be a problem. My PVP has booked my kids across the hall from the beginning.

I have heard some say that they booked a triple or quad and were moved because Carnival "needed" the quad. IF you have to, book one adult with 3 kids across the hall and the other with one child in the outside cabin, just to be safe.

My kids range in age from 9-17. We have the 2 oldest in the interior quad room and the 2 younger girls in the ocean view quad room with my husband and myself. I was surprised the PVP let us book this way.

Usually, when you book 2 rooms together, they're "locked together". Whether they're side-by-side or across from one another. If Carnival needs to move them, they'll probably move you as well. However, if it's a concern of yours, contact Carnival and express those concerns. Odds are they'll make sure nothing happens to separate your family.

I would do what the earlier poster suggested. Book Mom and one child in the outside double cabin, and Dad and three kids in inside quad cabin. Then, when you get onto the ship, nobody cares who sleeps where. You can even get extra key cards.

When my boys were 10 and 14, we booked adjacent cabins but got to the ship and were told their cabin was way on the other end of the ship, and the cabin we had a written reservation for was already occupied by someone else! We just went ahead and accepted the situation, as there was literally no other choice. It worked out fine. The steward for the kids' cabin kept an eye on them, and reported to us on their (good) behavior in front of them, so they knew we had spies.

This taught me -- things tend to work out ok.

The question is-- will they take the kids-- 2 kids in a cabin that is booked for 4 and move them to a doble room??

Yes they can move them if the ship is selling quickly. If they need the space.

I guess your cabin is a quad too??

Just have the agent state on your forms-- DO NOT MOVE or no upgrades please.

I would have booked 3 people into each cabin

Archived