rough seas

crz~enthusiast

I've been reading a few reviews about the Wonder and noticed quite a few people at different times of the year have commented on the rough seas. I have done many cruises but, most have been western caribbean. Can anyone comment on the seas. I love the rolling but, wanted to know to let others in my group know. Many commented on getting sick or having to go to bed. I know its a bit smaller and older than what I've travelled on in recent years didn't know if it had something to do with the the size or older stabalizers on the ship.

Any knowledge out there?

Howdy,

We have done 7 DCL cruises on both ships. We only have had rough seas one time. That one time their stabilizers wern't working. So we really did some rockin and rollin!! I loved it, but felt sorry for those who were ill. It was the 7 day Eastern. We had 65 MPH crosswinds and 35 foot swells for most of two days and one night. The dining rooms were not very crowded and the club was completely empty when we arrived for the live music that night. About 30 minutes after the show started one other couple showed up. So we had a personal concert to ourselves that night.

But that was th eonly time we really encountered rough seas and I believe it was in March. I guess if a person is worried about it they should start with dramamine before they get on board and continue for the entire cruise.

mom x4, grandma x4

Archived