Four days home and my head is still "rocking"!

Does it really affect you all that much. I mean I feal it but I would never consider seeing a doctor about it. All I feel is a gentle rocking when I am on land. Maybe I don't get it as bad as the average person.

I had troubles standing up, walking, sitting up in a chair. Sitting at my desk at work, I felt like I was swaying back and forth so badly that I was going to fall down. Walking was a chore, I had to hold onto walls or furniture in order to not go all over the place.

I had troubles standing up, walking, sitting up in a chair. Sitting at my desk at work, I felt like I was swaying back and forth so badly that I was going to fall down. Walking was a chore, I had to hold onto walls or furniture in order to not go all over the place.
Yeah, it sounds as if I don't get it that severe. Thank you on informing me. I wish you all luck. Isn't it bad enough that we have to get of the ship then to have to deal with this. AAHHHHHH!!!!!

It's gotten to be a joke with my family, the way I walk and rock around after a cruise! It will take sometimes up to a month for the feeling to leave and, for me, it is not pleasant at all. There have been times where I (briefly) considered never cruising again because of it.

I read about taking motion sickness medication to help relieve the symptoms and it really does work for me. Now, I just continue to take Bonine for a few days and I don't suffer much at all. Thank goodness I don't have to stop cruising! Wearing the seabands the first day off the ship is also cruicial for me. I won't do the patch, because I like my wine with dinner every night and I love to read. You're not supposed to drink any alcohol with the patch and one of the side effects is blurred vision.

It's gotten to be a joke with my family, the way I walk and rock around after a cruise! It will take sometimes up to a month for the feeling to leave and, for me, it is not pleasant at all. There have been times where I (briefly) considered never cruising again because of it.

I read about taking motion sickness medication to help relieve the symptoms and it really does work for me. Now, I just continue to take Bonine for a few days and I don't suffer much at all. Thank goodness I don't have to stop cruising! Wearing the seabands the first day off the ship is also cruicial for me. I won't do the patch, because I like my wine with dinner every night and I love to read. You're not supposed to drink any alcohol with the patch and one of the side effects is blurred vision.

I have it too.Was really bad for the first few months,tried everything medically.Doctor finally said see if it goes away itself.It's not so bad now in my daily life just whenever I vacuum or in dept stores where they have racks of clothes and you have to weave around them,it comes back.I think its the quick change of direction, and the swaying motion you use when vacuuming brings it on. I had my ears tested and a MRI test to see there was no inner ear problem.I never took anything on my cruise and felt good,but will try something next time to see if that helps.It won't stop me from going!!!!

I got it after my last seven day cruise on Rhapsody. I have heard its called Mal de Debarquemont. It started when we were in Cozumel and visiting friends who were staying there. They asked me if I felt OK, cos I was swaying when I walked. It lasted a few days when we got home, but it didn't really bother me. I kinda liked it because it reminded me of the cruise:D:D

Hope all you long term sufferers feel better soon, and hope it doesn't affect me even worse on my next cruise on Mariner.

Archived