attention Rubrrick back from legend of the Seas

:mad: Just returned on the 13th from 2 weeks in the Mediterranean onboard the Legend of the Seas and it was wonderful.....far beyond our expectations. We loved our cabin..which was very spacious, lovely decorated and included a sofa and very large window, despite being at the lower end of the market. Needless to say, that it was kept spotlessly clean as was the entire ship. The food was wonderful, the staff and crew very friendly and efficient..they couldn't do enough for you. I loved all the glass everywhere allowing me to always view the sea. The centrum with glass elevators and marble staircases leading up thru all the tiers...fascinated me. I thought the ship was very elegant and beautiful..she has a real style about her, like the liners of the past but modern at the same time. I especially liked all the art work on stairs and on view along the centrum. We did lots of shopping onboard and especially kept the photographer busy..even had my photos developed onboard..he did a great job. We saw about half of the shows on offer..guess we're getting a bit old.. we were so tired after long days in port just wanted to sit down somewhere and rest. The shows we saw were very good and varied..comediennes, jugglers, singers and dancers,violinist and pianist. we especially enjoyed the Beatlemaniacs..a Beatles tribute band and the Fantastic American Drifters..who put on a spectacular show. The ports were brilliant.. still can't believe I have been to all those places in such a short time. We thought Ajaccio and Villefranche were absolutely gorgeous..Rome..I last saw when I was 21..I re- lived those memories. I loved the Windjammer as it had all the panoramic views. Every morning going there to eat surrounded by such beautiful scenery and all the little boats coming out to see us. I couldn't imagine anything better. we chose to have lots of our dinners here as well..with the cute little lamps on our table that they'd light for us at night. At sea it was brilliant looking out at the bow and watching for other ships..the first day at sea we had dolphin leaping..I couldn't believe it. The main dining room was very elegant with the balcony.We had lovely people looking after us..table 142..Wanana from Indonesia and Andy from Trinidad. We were joined by 5 members of another family who were very friendly and a pleasure to meet. We couldn't have asked for better service. Every day and every minute, were better than the ones before...truly magical.. I loved being at sea..I missed having been away for so many years. We had a lot of gail winds throughout..and the decks had to be closed off a couple times..but that was the only thing that wasn't perfect. There was even a band playing on the pier..right outside our cabin window...as we sailed from Southampton. Captain Nik, was lovely..we missed the formal photograph and meeting with him..but he ran into us (taking pictures as usual ) on deck. when my husband asked if we could take his photo, he said "as many as you like" and put his arm around me so I also was in the photo. He spoke many times thru the cruise about being happy, enjoying today and worrying tomorrow. " When you are at home with work and all the bills, and you feel troubled, close your eyes and think of a memory from your cruise." "We are here to help you make memories..that is our job." I for one think they do that vey well...I have millions of memories and they are ALL GOOD ONES!!! Cheers to everyone who offered me help and advice on this site in preparing for this cruise..it truly made a difference...Happy Sailing!!:) :mad: :) Carol

Archived