Cabin room service

What a dinner!!!! Do you order all apps at once and both entrees simultaneously? Do you end up leaving food on plates or do you lick the clean? Also, do you always get 3-5 DIFFERENT apps or do you DOUBLE DOWN?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. I order them one every 14 minutes and 35 seconds.

Yes, I leave food on the plate. Garnishes are sometimes inedible.

I'd lick the plates but then the dishwasher would be bored.

It's mostly different apps.

I would request one of the traditional seating times, at a LARGE table! That way, you'll be sure to be seated with others....solo or not, no one really cares! And, as stated, many folks in the WJ are happy to share a table!

Unless you're in a suite, the room service menu is quite limited for dinner.

Depending which ship you are sailing and the date, scheduled dining times are soon becoming a thing of the past on some ships. (not all).

So, like others have said and offered, attend your M & M and be active on your roll call, and maybe you will meet others to have dinner with.

Good Luck

Sea Ya

My last cruise was my first solo attempt. The first night I was at a table for 12 and only one couple arrived, then left before the dessert. The second night I was back at the same table and a large group of Indian (family or friends) was already there. I sat down. A few minutes passed and a friend of the group arrived at the table and they all got up and left - now I'm at a table for 12 by myself. I decide to try to change my table...go to the restaurant manager...he takes me to a table with a family group I'd met the day before...mom, dad, daughter...they do not speak English. We make a third attempt to find me a table...I end up with a group (very nice gals) from Florida who are all on a high school reunion cruise and all worked for and loved Publix. They were quite friendly but I was definitely the odd man out. I am far from shy and am very friendly and outgoing but this experience was really a bit problematic. Thus the "just have dinner in my cabin" approach. I like the MTD idea (though I hate MTD) as I may be able to just take a book and go to the dining room, get a table for one, and let it go at that. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate know this information as I have never considered MTD before.