Cabin room service

Is it possible to have my dinner ordered from the room service menu and delivered to my cabin? My last solo cruise was a disaster as they just don't seem to know what to do with single passengers when it comes to dining room seating. I loved to dress for dinner but those days are essentially gone and will never return as every aspect of a cruise is much too casual for me now. Would it be possible to simply have my dinner in my cabin - on the balcony - and thus have a quiet dinner with the passing sea my dining companion? Or is the room service menu just too limited. It seems to me one once could have dinner delivered but this may have gone away as have so many of the nicer things of a cruise.

The MDR dinner menu is not available as room service if you're staying in a GS Suite or better. All other cabins are just allowed to order from the basic room service menu which is extremely limited.

I cruise solo all the time and really never had an issue with seating. My upcoming cruise I have chosen MTD for the flexibility. You don't have to make a reservation . You can just show up at the time you want to dine and the Matre'D will ask if you want to be seated with other passengers or prefer a table to yourself. You also have the flexibility to eat dinner in the Windjammer. I have found the passengers in the Windjammer to be very friendly and am often invited to join other passengers. Whatever you plan to do don't eat dinner in your room.

Edited by xxoocruiser

We had several singles on our last cruise. We met them through the roll call and after getting together during sail away, we asked them to join us for dinner several nights.

Of course we are friendly and the singles were outgoing and fun, so it worked. Try making friends and see if you can find people you would like to share a meal with.

I would request one of the traditional seating times, at a LARGE table! That way, you'll be sure to be seated with others....solo or not, no one really cares! And, as stated, many folks in the WJ are happy to share a table!

Unless you're in a suite, the room service menu is quite limited for dinner.

Room service is one of the things I love about cruising. It's included in your fare and in your daily auto gratuity so use it as often as you like. Have you considered bring something back from the buffet? You can take anything from the buffet back to your cabin too.

Room service is one of the things I love about cruising. It's included in your fare and in your daily auto gratuity so use it as often as you like. Have you considered bring something back from the buffet? You can take anything from the buffet back to your cabin too.

Do not want to turn this thread into a question of gratuities or not, however, the above information is incorrect. Daily auto gratuities do not cover room service - you should be tipping your room service delivery person.

Do not want to turn this thread into a question of gratuities or not, however, the above information is incorrect. Daily auto gratuities do not cover room service - you should be tipping your room service delivery person.

All food service is included so you can double tip but that's your choice.

Gratuities

Print This Page

Q: How does my gratuity help the crew and who does it go to?

A:

Our guests' complete satisfaction is the goal of every crew and staff member onboard. The gratuity is shared between the crew members who serve guests throughout their vacation.

Guest gratuities go to the following crew and staff members:

Dining Services (includes behind the scenes)

Stateroom Attendant

Other Housekeeping Personnel

Edited by cruzsnooze

Gratuities

Print This Page

A:

Our guests' complete satisfaction is the goal of every crew and staff member onboard. The gratuity is shared between the crew members who serve guests throughout their vacation.

Stateroom Attendant

Sadly (for the people delivering your order who are not getting tipped), room service delivery personnel are NOT included under "dining services" and should be tipped if you use this service.

Sadly (for the people delivering your order who are not getting tipped), room service delivery personnel are NOT included under "dining services" and should be tipped if you use this service.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This This This This This This This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are in the daily gratuity pool, next time you sail go ask at guest services and they will give you the correct information.

Is it possible to have my dinner ordered from the room service menu and delivered to my cabin? My last solo cruise was a disaster as they just don't seem to know what to do with single passengers when it comes to dining room seating. I loved to dress for dinner but those days are essentially gone and will never return as every aspect of a cruise is much too casual for me now. Would it be possible to simply have my dinner in my cabin - on the balcony - and thus have a quiet dinner with the passing sea my dining companion? Or is the room service menu just too limited. It seems to me one once could have dinner delivered but this may have gone away as have so many of the nicer things of a cruise.

if you are in a fullsuite you can order from the MDR menu for all meals

otherwise the normal RS menu is limited or you can go to the buffet and bring it back to your cabin

Gratuities

Print This Page

A:

Stateroom Attendant

Room service is NOT included.

You can order from the Dining Room on HAL, regardless of the cabin category...........wonder why not on RCI?

Years ago some MDR items were available from room service to all stateroom categories. Another cutback.

I dont know how close you are to WJ, but I saved a cover from Room Service breakfast, and I went up to WJ to get some food and back to the cabin and eat! There in the WJ are some of the MDR menu offerings! I just hit the WJ a little later and ate there!

You do not need to save a cover and take it with you up to the WJ...just ask one of the servers and they will provide you with a clean one.

We used to have to spend 5-6 hours a day in our stateroom doing my husband's dialysis treatment. We were informed that we could order our dinner from the dining room menu and they would delivery. We would look at the menu in the afternoon and call and order. Granted we only did it a few times and I'm not sure if it was done because we were unable to get to the dining room, I just assumed it was an option they don't tell you about. We were told that it could only be done during dinner and not lunch or breakfast.

We used to have to spend 5-6 hours a day in our stateroom doing my husband's dialysis treatment. We were informed that we could order our dinner from the dining room menu and they would delivery. We would look at the menu in the afternoon and call and order. Granted we only did it a few times and I'm not sure if it was done because we were unable to get to the dining room, I just assumed it was an option they don't tell you about. We were told that it could only be done during dinner and not lunch or breakfast.

Up until a few years ago, this was an option but now it is only for GSs and above.

Can't you get MDR meals "to go?"

I know you can with desserts (I have done it a few times), but I'm unsure if you can carry out a full meal.

unlikely. they just do not have the resources to offer that. they do not keep the covers handy in the MDR and they have nothing like a to go container to transfer to. desserts can usually be wrapped up( and do not need to stay warm).

unlikely. they just do not have the resources to offer that. they do not keep the covers handy in the MDR and they have nothing like a to go container to transfer to. desserts can usually be wrapped up( and do not need to stay warm).

On the Allure we had two couples at our table - one night one of the men was not at dinner. His wife said he had had too much sun (he was English and the following night when he came was very sunburned - so I am sure what she said was true). She said he couldn't even think about getting dressed.

She ordered a plain salad, chicken and vegetable and asked for it "to go." At the end of our meal the waiter brought them, both dishes had covers, and he also included a couple of cookies. It did not seem to be a problem for the waiter - he was very nice about it.

I think if you order something simple, and something that doesn't need to be kept that hot, that it is possible. Not sure if I would ask every evening, however.

Edited by PMcC1998
Addition.

The fried fish from the room service menu might be the best tasting thing served onboard. I had it three nights in a row a couple of hours after dinner so it wasn't hunger making it taste good. My usual dinner is 3-5 appetizers and a main course or two.

Wowza!!

Go on there!!!

Sent from my D6503 using Forums mobile app

The fried fish from the room service menu might be the best tasting thing served onboard. I had it three nights in a row a couple of hours after dinner so it wasn't hunger making it taste good. My usual dinner is 3-5 appetizers and a main course or two.

What a dinner!!!! Do you order all apps at once and both entrees simultaneously? Do you end up leaving food on plates or do you lick the clean? Also, do you always get 3-5 DIFFERENT apps or do you DOUBLE DOWN?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums