Cruising on Halloween

There will be costume contests, special dessert in the dining room (but it didn't impress me)....lots of people in costume all over the ship. You'll have fun!

There were some great costumes, both group and individual, on my Halloween sailing. The Wizard of Oz group, the Flintstones foursome, caveman-era couple (bawdy!) and the prize winner was "green Army man." His approach was so, so clever!

Hi everyone!

My sister and I are cruising on the Carnival Paradise over Halloween. This is the first time we've cruised on Halloween and would like to know what to expect. We are dressing up. Are there Halloween activities for cruisers? Thanks for your help.:)

My honeymoon was over Halloween on the Magic last year and it is hands down the most fun I have ever had on board. The costumes were excellent, the picture backgrounds were fun, it was just all around an excellent time to be on a cruise. Have fun! :)

We're cruising the Splendor on Halloween. This will be my first Halloween cruise. I just bought a small masquerade mask, so as not to interfere with my drinking. I also bought a huge bag of chocolate candy that I'm going to put in a bag and hand out candy. :)

Halloween is a blast! They have a costume contest, there are decorations and the desserts are Halloween themed.

I went as a Carnival excursion guide for cave tubing. Silly me wondered how in heck I was going to hold up the inner tube all night. The darn thing fit snug as if it were made for me! I was a sight trying to get out or in the cabin door!! The fake butt in a thong rear end was a hit!

Doors are decorated and some cabins have candy in bags for the taking on the doors.

It's a lot of fun, especially when you participate!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Hi everyone!

My sister and I are cruising on the Carnival Paradise over Halloween. This is the first time we've cruised on Halloween and would like to know what to expect. We are dressing up. Are there Halloween activities for cruisers? Thanks for your help.:)

We were on the Paradise last HALLOWEEN & had such a great time I booked the same cruise for this year.

We have had a lot of cruises in the last three years but this stood out as the best & most fun.

Larry & I don't dress up but someone has to sit on the sidelines & cheer & we ARE great CHEERLEADERS.

Are you on the roll call? Haven't been there in a few weeks, if not come on over.

Char

We sailed on the Sunshine last year for Halloween. Like others said, some will dress up, some won't. Most people put their costumes on after dinner, but the maitre 'd will invite you to dress in your costumes for dinner as well. There is a costume contest. Though we dressed up, we did not get asked to participate in the costume contest. The ship will be decorated, and there was a pumpkin carving contest as well (I think this may have been a couple of days before Halloween, I can't remember). There was a Thriller dance lesson, and afterwards, those who learned the dance were asked to also perform it in the costume contest (I can't remember if it was before or after the contest) in the main theatre.

I always enjoy the fact that MANY of the crew will wear costumes, and some of 'em are quite creative! Halloween aboard ship is one of my favorite times, and I know you're going to have a fantastic time aboard. Wish I could join you! (Especially aboard "Paradise"! One of my all time favorite ships!) :D

"SKY"

I second Mommom of 7 come on over to our Roll call. We love Halloween on the ship and are so excited. We have a big Halloween party the Saturday before the cruise so we had to think up 2 costumes. Luckily we have one for the cruise that is always a good one. When you cruise for Halloween you can use the same costume over and over because there are always different people to see it.

I hope you pop over to the roll call. We are going to meet up after muster drill at the port side Lido Bar. Come see us! Cindy

I was on the Legend last year over Halloween. I don't get I to Halloween at all, but quite a few did. There were some decorations on the ship and some people decorated their cabin doors and hung candy out for people to take. There was also a contest for costumes.