First time in Roatan

cubbiesgal21

We will be in Roatan for the first time Thanksgiving week on the Pride with our 2 boys who are 6 & 9. We would love to see some of the monkeys and other animals, then go to West Bay for the beach and snorkeling. Any good options/tours out there to do both? We are open to private excursions.

Thanks!

I second Victor Boden...we opted to construct our own tour. My boys are a bit older so we did zip lining. But if you do a private tour you can hit all the spots you want. The monkeys are in cages, and you get to enter one of the larger cages and play with them. The same is true with the birds. And the price is very reasonable.

We have also done Gumbalimba park, where the monkeys are "wild" in the trees and the guide calls them down. Watch anything shiny...they steal. They have a very small beach to relax on after you have done the gardens.

We have also done Tabayana beach. Go early. Get chairs under the trees. It is the best from land snorkeling I have found in the western carribean. Shallow with rocky areas where fish congregate.

All 3 were a hit with my boys!

• 5 weeks later...