Radiance class aft balcony cruisers, help me choose.

indie

1104/1604 have huge rectangular balconies. There is plenty of room for 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, the small table, plus a lot more space to walk around. Or move the chairs around. The balcony on 9256 , while large, is not rectangular, the furniture is more crowded, and there isn't as much room to move it around. The wrap around part allows for nice views, but is really quite tight. There is significant breeze when the ship is moving, and virtually no shade during parts of the day.

We will have 9256 for over a month on our Circumnavigation of Australia B2B on the Radiance this coming February. I suspect as with any other verandah that there are times when it will be great with a breeze and then very hot. In the middle of the day we will be on excursions and then there are great evenings at sea to just sit and have a drink. The verandah cannot be as skinny as the Celebritry Suite we had in the Infinity. I thought at times if I moved incorrectly I might fall over. Can you move without tripping over the chairs?

We will have 9256 for over a month on our Circumnavigation of Australia B2B on the Radiance this coming February. I suspect as with any other verandah that there are times when it will be great with a breeze and then very hot. In the middle of the day we will be on excursions and then there are great evenings at sea to just sit and have a drink. The verandah cannot be as skinny as the Celebritry Suite we had in the Infinity. I thought at times if I moved incorrectly I might fall over. Can you move without tripping over the chairs?

Go to cruiselinerooms dot com. There are some great pix of the balcony of 9256 on the Radiance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We love the aft Radiance cabins and have booked them our last 4 cruises. Have been in 1604 (2x), 9256, 8186. No shade is guaranteed, but I think there might be more on 1104 than 9256. But there is less breeze in the center afts. The views and the balconies can't be beat though and the walk is less than a minute from the centrum. We have 9256 again next year on the Jewel.

So Glad you posted this. We are booked on The brilliance of the seas roon 9256 December 6th, 2014!! We are sooo excited, this too will be our first balcony after 31 cruises LOL!!!! I knew nothing about what balony to choose when we booked the room so I went on cruise critic message boards and asked the suggested best balcony room on the Brillance and got a resounding suggestion for 9256!! My DH won the cruise on a radio station, it is a charted by Billy Fucillo car dealerships (he gave out free cruises when people bought or leased a new vehicle back in March of this year) , so in very small print it said you can choose your room but we cannot guarntee that you will get it, well I put in the suggested 9256 Aft Balcony cabin and WE GOT IT!!!!! So , we are pretty darn excited that we got this very popular and hard to book cabin for FREE!!! When are you sailing??? Please let us know if you liked it if you said before we do.

Actually you are going to beat me to it by nearly a year. Im not going until November 30, 2015. I'm going on Freedom of the Seas this November 30th, and will be in a promenade cabin.

I think I read your initial thread and it helped convince me to get 9256 as well while it was available.

Congrats! I know you will have an awesome cruise and please do a review!

I've attached a photo of our aft balcony on the Radiance - 1604

Nice! These just seem to be more space to move around. 9660 just below 1604 would probably be what I'd go for if I think a deeper balcony better suits our needs.

My wife and I are just clinging to 9256 until totally convinced something else will be more enjoyable because we know if we let it go, someone else will snatch it.

We love the aft Radiance cabins and have booked them our last 4 cruises. Have been in 1604 (2x), 9256, 8186. No shade is guaranteed, but I think there might be more on 1104 than 9256. But there is less breeze in the center afts. The views and the balconies can't be beat though and the walk is less than a minute from the centrum. We have 9256 again next year on the Jewel.

When 1604 and 9256 are both available, which do you select and why?

When 1604 and 9256 are both available, which do you select and why?

9256. 1604 is under the Windjammer's outdoor seating area, so you may hear more noise early in the morning or late at night when the crew is cleaning/prepping for the next meal. 9256 also has a larger balcony.

Actually you are going to beat me to it by nearly a year. Im not going until November 30, 2015. I'm going on Freedom of the Seas this November 30th, and will be in a promenade cabin.

I think I read your initial thread and it helped convince me to get 9256 as well while it was available.

Congrats! I know you will have an awesome cruise and please do a review!

Yes I will be sure to come back and let you know!!!! Very excited!

9256. 1604 is under the Windjammer's outdoor seating area, so you may hear more noise early in the morning or late at night when the crew is cleaning/prepping for the next meal. 9256 also has a larger balcony.

For those reasons, 9660/9260 would probably be what I'll go with if not 9256.

9256 is said to be the bigger balcony, but it just looks like there is more space on the deeper balconies to move around with 2 chairs and 2 lounger.

But then if I move, I wont have any breeze.

This is tough call for a hot natured guy like myself lol. Less breeze or less shade.

I am currently booked in the much coveted D1 9256 for Brilliance, western carribean. It will be my 1st balcony.

The view looks wonderful, but I have a few concerns.

My wife and I would really enjoy the views, the light, and the privacy, but we dont like to sit or lay out in the direct sun. We much prefer shade/coverage.

We want to spend alot of time on our balcony enjoying the scenery and the sound of the wake, but not having enough shade would limit our use.

There are other great center aft (and hump) options that would likely provide more cover.

9660, 9260, 1104 and 1604 are available.

The two large 9th deck elevator humps are open too.

What would you do?

Enjoy. We loved the Cabin.

Haven't been in 9256, but we book the JS above it (1100) every chance we get. The balconies are deep, and at least half is in the shade unless the sun is aft of the ship (then all bets are off). Most of the hump balconies on that class of ship have virtually no shade (unless the sun is on the other side of the ship). I wouldn't trade an aft balcony for a hump balcony on that class of ship without a significant fight.:)

How is the noise level in 1100? We were in 1602 on our last cruise and the noise from the windjammer woke us up around 6:00AM each morning. We are booked in 1100 next April and hope that it will be quieter. Thoughts?