Impromptu excursions in puerto Vallarta and cabo

Ellaleah

We will be 2 days in vallarta and 1 in Cabo. We will be a group of 9, 3 of which are under 7. I have read that you can find turs when you get off the ship.. Would this mean gettinto a cab/car type vehicle or would there be bus/minivan? Has anyone had any experience? Also, are there descent beaches that we can walk to in either place? Is the pirate ship closeby to walk?

We will be 2 days in vallarta and 1 in Cabo. We will be a group of 9, 3 of which are under 7. I have read that you can find turs when you get off the ship.. Would this mean gettinto a cab/car type vehicle or would there be bus/minivan? Has anyone had any experience? Also, are there descent beaches that we can walk to in either place? Is the pirate ship closeby to walk?

Both ports have vendors selling tours and they have taxis and/or mini-vans.

The Pirate ship in PV is in the same harbor the cruise ships use, so not too far to walk.

In Cabo, you can take a water taxi, land taxi, or walk about a mile and a half to Medano beach. It may be suitable for kids if the surf is not too rough. You can also take a water taxi to Lovers beach. They will come back to pick you up.

There is a small beach near the tender dock in Cabo that locals use, but it isn't the greatest.

Some people go around the fence in PV to a beach, but you can take a bus to old town for a little over 50 cents US and use the beach there.

My family went to Tabasco's on Medono beach in Cabo. It was the last little beach restaurant in the line. I was great for my kids not wild parties, good food at a good price, and a jet ski rental next to it. My kids and hubby jet around the ship, we used they beach chairs, and had lunch. They also have clean restrooms.