What's the latest we can disembarq from Valor.

JustCruiseMe

We have late flight and I don't really want to sit around the airport all day. I know we can store bags and look around but we've been there done that OSJ and honestly I'm pretty sure I am going to be tired (health issue). Also should we hold our bags and carry them off when we do so they aren't in the sea of bags waiting till we pick them up?

Thanks for any help.

We have late flight and I don't really want to sit around the airport all day. I know we can store bags and look around but we've been there done that OSJ and honestly I'm pretty sure I am going to be tired (health issue). Also should we hold our bags and carry them off when we do so they aren't in the sea of bags waiting till we pick them up?

Thanks for any help.

It can vary a bit, but the last time we sailed on the Valor out of OSJ, we were able to stay on board until 10:30 or so. Purposely traded our tags in for those of the highest number possible as we, too, were in no hurry to get off. We did have to vacate our stateroom by 9:00 or 10:00 (as I recall), so ended up with our carry-ons up on the Lido enjoying a late breakfast. Kind of depressing, watching the crew get ready for the next set of passengers, but it beats the heck out of waiting at the airport.

As for holding your bags and carrying them off, I don't see the value. If you're among the last to get off, that 'sea' is reduced to a 'lake'. And in any case, it's a PITA hauling them through the ship while you're waiting around to hear your number called. IMHO...

Yeah, if you tell them you have a late flight they're usually happy to give you a higher number. We did this once but honestly were bored on the ship by about 10am. So we just went to the airport. We bought day passes for American Airlines' Admirals Club at SJU and that was money well spent! Great way to spend the day if you have a late flight!

Yeah, if you tell them you have a late flight they're usually happy to give you a higher number. We did this once but honestly were bored on the ship by about 10am. So we just went to the airport. We bought day passes for American Airlines' Admirals Club at SJU and that was money well spent! Great way to spend the day if you have a late flight!

We are flying first class on American an have a 3:00 flight out. What is all available in the Admirals Lounge? Thanks

We are flying first class on American an have a 3:00 flight out. What is all available in the Admirals Lounge? Thanks

I'm not sure about American and where you're flying to, but a lot of carriers consider SJU to the USA as "domestic" and therefore just having a First Class ticket doesn't qualify for lounge access, I think United is the exception. But if you do have access, it had some light snacks, open bar, wi-fi, and plenty of comfortable seating...and compared to the rest of the SJU airport that might have been the best part lol

We bought day passes since we don't have status with AA, but we were connecting in MIA so they also worked there. Well worth the money for how long we were in lounges that day.

Anyone know the answer to the previous poster's question about Carnival shuttle? I'm traveling by myself, so it was cheapest just to book the Carnival transportation back to the airport. I have a 2:40 p.m. flight, and I would rather read outdoors on the deck in the warm weather than indoors at the airport. So staying on the ship until the last minute sounds good, but I don't want to miss the shuttle. Do I just hope I have a late assignment for disembarking?

We have a 5:30 flight home so we were really stuck on what to do. We decided to book a carnival excursion with airport transfer. They have several available. We too have done OSJ more than once. This way we dont have to worry about luggage or what to do or a taxi to the airport either. We picked a 4.5 hour excursion that will get us to the airport after 1pm.

Edited by lisanj1329

We sailed on Valor in Sept - and it took FOREVER to get off! At first we didn't worry since our flight didn't leave until 1:55PM - but by the time it was 10:30 and they were only calling zone 15 or so (our zone was mid-20's), we were getting nervous we wouldn't make our flight, especially since it was International to Canada.

We eventually asked if we could join the next group getting off, and they allowed us to, and even then it was probably another 1/2hr to get our luggage and out the terminal - it was after 11 by that time. If we had waited for our actual zone, I'm sure it would have been another hour easily.

I definitely wasn't expecting it to take that long to leave the ship. Perhaps our experience wasn't indicative of how it usually is on the Valor, but it definitely wasn't smooth saililng for us!

We sailed on Valor in Sept - and it took FOREVER to get off! At first we didn't worry since our flight didn't leave until 1:55PM - but by the time it was 10:30 and they were only calling zone 15 or so (our zone was mid-20's), we were getting nervous we wouldn't make our flight, especially since it was International to Canada.

We eventually asked if we could join the next group getting off, and they allowed us to, and even then it was probably another 1/2hr to get our luggage and out the terminal - it was after 11 by that time. If we had waited for our actual zone, I'm sure it would have been another hour easily.

I definitely wasn't expecting it to take that long to leave the ship. Perhaps our experience wasn't indicative of how it usually is on the Valor, but it definitely wasn't smooth saililng for us!

Thanks for this info it really helps.