Verizon - Cruise Dollars Question.

opie051699

I messed up. Twice. First - I accidently purchased the physical Cruise Dollars ($1900 worth) intead of the e-certificate. No biggie, but the cost of shipping and certified mail cut into my savings a bit. Second - I transposed a number when I wrote my balance, so I ended up buying $100 too much. I am showing paid in full now, but I can't find any info on what happens to the balance. The certificates say they cannot be applied to OBC, so should I expect a refund of the balance? Or did I just lose the rest of my savings thru stupidity?

Perhaps you should call Carnival and ask someone. I have a wonderful PVP and although I "could" do everything online (and often do most of it), I have him to call when I have questions.

I think you'll have to take it with you and apply it once on board, but if you don't spend it, the balance is non-refundable.

This is why I wouldn't purchase cruise cash. If you purchase the eGift cards, you get any balance back to use in the future. And it doesn't expire.

I honestly don't understand why people are still buying Cruise Cash when you can get the same discount with the ecards, they're refundable and don't expire - all the advantages and non of the disadvantages!

OK. I thought the "messed up" part was just the amount and application. Didn't know you really meant to buy the Gift Cards.

There's a long, detailed thread here about them (both) and which can be used and how. It was very helpful to me to read the comments before I purchased mine. I used a bunch to pay off the two November cruises and still have some left.

Now, I just have to remember to actually take them with me and apply them!

Hmmm. I wonder whether, if I forgot and left them at home, if I could pull the email up on my phone and get the card number. Would hope so but I think I'll print a spare and put with my cruise docs RIGHT NOW!! ;)

Anyway, let us know what happens with the balance. And you might want to post this in the "big" thread, too, as someone there may have done the exact same thing and have a "real" answer for you! Good luck!

They ended up crediting the balance to my credit card. I don't know if they did this because it was the card used for the deposit, or if it was used for the purchase of the certificates. Doesn't matter, but it could have been awkward if the certificates were a gift. Anyway...lesson learned. Now just need to kill 179 days until boarding. :(

Well at least you didn't lose the balance! That's good.

I'm now at single-digits and freaking out. I just love how you wait and wait and wait and feel like the day will never come and then, suddenly, it's like OMG! How am I going to get everything done in 10 days! :p