Suggestion for a new "exotic" cruise

MSBerliner

Each year I read the cruise catalog and find it very interesting, but it's nearly always about the same old thing. Here's an idea for those who really enjoy cruising and to very interesting places: an American Pacific Cruise.

The cruise would begin in San Diego, CA the cruise north along the west coast to Victoria, British Columbia. After a day there it would proceed to Skagway, Alaska. After another day it would sail to Seward or Anchorage, Alaska. After about two days there it would sail south to Hawaii. We'd spend at least two days visiting Hawaii then sail back to San Diego.

I estimate the trip would take about 18 days. This would certainly be an excellent time for those who really enjoy cruising and for those who can afford the time. In our experience the overwhelming majority of cruisers are retirees and those retirees have cruised several times, and likely with the same cruise ship company.

Holland America, are you paying attention?

I imagine it would be really challenging to plan a cruise with such different climate needs. The packing alone...