Scuba diving help needed (barbados vs St Kitts)

jaj435

i've been reading all the great suggestions, i'm an old lady (with a brand new knee) diving Alone, so lugging my gear distances isn't fun. i have found if go with the ship, the long hike isn't so likely to happen. the operator meets you at the pier. a couple years ago i took the Spirit to hawaii and back.. it was the first trip for her with that itinerary and they offered no scuba excursions. i booked from home before i left. again, as a single diver. some places i had to walk a couple blocks from the pier, others i had to take a cab. a couple islands, i was the only diver on the dives. beach, dives, which is how i learned in gtmo. i was very pleased with the operators. (but not the cold water.) i appreciate your suggestions to use trip adviser. i think the ratings hold pretty true. except for the people who hated the dive because the vis was poor, or some other random variable, on that particular day, but i'm wise to that. so, i think, for me, i should do my best to try to hook up with other divers on my ship months before we sail. (difficult) and then use trip adviser to help make decisions. once again, this is a new itinerary for Sunshine, 13 days so they have offered no dive excursions yet, but it's still 400 days. i'll keep reading the great ideas. please post your experiences as your sailings come up sooner than mine.

We had not so great weather and poor vis. We also seemed to have a stronger than normal current. I did get a few when we first dropped in, but after that it was just better to enjoy the ride.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh, bummer, that's too bad. It really is a beautiful place to dive.