7 Mile Beach Excursion in Grand Cayman

Has anyone done the 7 Mile Beach Excursion through RCCL lately?

We are sailing on Mariner of the Seas for October 9th. sailing and so far it is unavailable for a shore excursion.

I was curious if anyone has been there recently or know any reason why they may not be offering this excursion.

My wife called them and she was told the list will be updated and it has not been added as of yet. RCCL did not mention anything to her about the beach excursion not being available either.

Thanks for any help with this !!!

Bob:)

Didn't do through RCI. What does it offer? If you only want to get to the beach the cabs at the pier will take you for $4.00 per person each way. Cabs will be waiting to take you back when you are done.

Didn't do through RCI. What does it offer? If you only want to get to the beach the cabs at the pier will take you for $4.00 per person each way. Cabs will be waiting to take you back when you are done.

WE also just took a cab ourselves to the beach.....I would say save yourself some money and just do it yourselves!

I thought about doing that if RCCL does not offer it. I was not sure if you could just show up at some spot on the beach without some type of hassle.

We went a couple of years ago through RCCL and was charged $18 per person to some Hotel's beach which I cannot recall the name of the place. You got to use their facilities and got a complimentary drink.

We had to pay for the ride over and back, which was $3 each then.

So I was wondering if we took the ride over to the same spot if they would let us in as long as we paid to get in or do they only deal with the cruiselines for these?

Is there any admission to the beach where you went?

Any place to change and use the restrooms if needed or places to eat and grab a drink at all ?

Vermont -

We ended up going to the Courtyard beach. It is right across the street from the Courtyard Hotel. It had changing facilities, restrooms, food, drinks, outdoor shower, chairs/umbrellas for rent, watersport rentals (kayaks, jet skis, water skiing, etc). No cost to get on the beach. So if you just bring a towel you can enjoy the sun and water for nothing. There is also Sea Grape beach just down the beach a little. That is where we ended up renting our jet skis our day. It is essentially the same type of set up. Restrooms, food, drinks, rentals, etc. So no charge to get on the beach and you can enjoy everything that is offered or none of it. Have fun.

I agree I agree I agree...Do it yourself. It is no problem at all. You're in a very safe friendly port. Take a taxi and just go. Across from the dock and down the street a few steps is a tiny outdoor cafe called The Jailhouse Cafe. They have the most delicious homemade ice cream. You can walk up to the window and walk away with it. Don't miss it.

Have fun.

If you are in doubt as to where you can get to a free beach, ask the cab drivers in town. We have gone to 7 mile beach and there was no charge at all. If we wanted to rent a chaise, I think it was maybe $5. Sorry, can't remember. We didn't go to any hotel the last few times. I wouldn't pay for a ship excursion there. My understanding is that the whole beach area in 7 mile is free, but you might not be able to use lounge chairs etc. at hotels. Have fun. Grand Cayman is one of my favorite ports.

Katie

I thank everyone for their response. It is greatly appreciated !!!

We were not looking for a free beach (free is nice), we were hoping to do 7 mile beach again...as it is very beautiful beach.

We more or less were wondering if this could be done without the cruiseline and go to an area of the beach that would have most everything you needed and be able to pay to get in

(if needed) without being with one of the cruiseline's excursions.

Thanks again !!!

I'm SOOO jealous! Seven Mile Beach is gorgeous...went a couple years ago on the Explorer. I agree with the others...do it on your own. The beach at the Holiday Inn was recommended by the cab driver, and for $10, we got chairs, umbrellas, cold bottled water, and showers to rinse the salt water and sand off. It was the most relaxing day of the trip and that stretch of beach wasn't crowded at all, even though it was a sunny warm March day. From what I heard, the free beaches were more crowded...but they were free! Have a wonderful time and drink a Mango Tango for me :D

I'm SOOO jealous! Seven Mile Beach is gorgeous...went a couple years ago on the Explorer. I agree with the others...do it on your own. The beach at the Holiday Inn was recommended by the cab driver, and for $10, we got chairs, umbrellas, cold bottled water, and showers to rinse the salt water and sand off. It was the most relaxing day of the trip and that stretch of beach wasn't crowded at all, even though it was a sunny warm March day. From what I heard, the free beaches were more crowded...but they were free! Have a wonderful time and drink a Mango Tango for me :D

just went to 7 mile beach wit rhapsody. we took a cab for $4 per person. Public beaches are free. RCCL did have an excursion that my brother did and it was at the next beach over from us. (very crowded.) we walked throught a hotel (don't remember the name) and had lunch outside on the patio of the hotel. no water toys, just beautiful beach and water. we walked down the beach a bit and did not see much in ways of activity. so you will pretty much get the same thing no matter where you go. Lunch was a littttle expensive since we ate at the hotel so take that into consideration as my brother spend a lot of time with us but then ate buffet with his excursion.

Archived