Can Dividers on Balconies Be Opened?

pawsue521

yes, and no.

not ALL adjoining balcony dividers can be opened. they are basically in sets of two. for example, A connects to B, B does not connect to C, C connects to D.

ask your pvp or whoever you book with to verify that the adjacent room's divider will indeed open.

Hope to go on Dream in March. We are too late to get adjoining rooms with our fellow traveling couple. If we get side by side rooms can we open the divider between our balconies? Probably a crazy questions but worth a try! :)

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/dream.ashx

This link will help. Click on the floor you want and it will tell you which balconies connect and which rooms connect. Great tool to have!

In addition to the information in some of the other responses, we have experienced cruises where you just had to ask your cabin steward to open the divider but on other ships we had to go to guest services and place the request there. Both parties had to be present to place the request. All on Carnival ships.

Edited by Pyrate13
Additional information added.

yes, and no.

not ALL adjoining balcony dividers can be opened. they are basically in sets of two. for example, A connects to B, B does not connect to C, C connects to D.

ask your pvp or whoever you book with to verify that the adjacent room's divider will indeed open.

I think you will find this is dependent on which ship. We have had three balcony dividers open on the Triumph. And you are spot on about having a PVP verify which open. I have been given incorrect information be CSR on more that one occasion.

I think you will find this is dependent on which ship. We have had three balcony dividers open on the Triumph. And you are spot on about having a PVP verify which open. I have been given incorrect information be CSR on more that one occasion.

it is dependent on which ship / class, granted. but OP asked regarding dream specifically, and by standard balconies on this class of ship open in sets of 2 as i said.

spirit class ships have no such restriction as the partitions open to the rail instead of toward the hull. and there are oddballs on other ships as well, but by standard, dream class will open in sets of 2.

We just got off the Miracle and had 2 cabins side by side. You need to go to Guest Services and ask to get on the list. Some ships only allow a certain number of dividers to be open. On the Miracle it was 15. That was the 1st stop we made when we got on the ship. Due to high winds, the doors weren't opened until the middle of the 2nd day out.