MIA To POM with 4 and 2 year old (taxi, private shuttle, or Carnival shuttle)

applequeen

What is the best way to get to Port of Miami from MIA with 2 small kids?

Our flight is due to arrive just after 10 AM and we have purchased Faster to the Fun through Carnival for our cruise. Given the age of our children we'd like to be on board and settled ASAP.

Originally I thought we'd just book transportation through Carnival but I'm wondering if it would be easier to just get a cab at the airport. It seems like the more "on demand" option. We arrive, get luggage, and hop in a cab. :)

I have also considered a private shuttle but I really don't want the stress of arranging it... figuring out pick up times pre and post cruise. I want the easiest, fastest, and least stressful option.

We don't mind bringing car seats. We're planning to bring them (our 2 year old may use her seat on the plane).

My gut tells me to just get a taxi but will 2 car seats be an issue?

Suggestions?

What is the best way to get to Port of Miami from MIA with 2 small kids?

Our flight is due to arrive just after 10 AM and we have purchased Faster to the Fun through Carnival for our cruise. Given the age of our children we'd like to be on board and settled ASAP.

Originally I thought we'd just book transportation through Carnival but I'm wondering if it would be easier to just get a cab at the airport. It seems like the more "on demand" option. We arrive, get luggage, and hop in a cab. :)

I have also considered a private shuttle but I really don't want the stress of arranging it... figuring out pick up times pre and post cruise. I want the easiest, fastest, and least stressful option.

We don't mind bringing car seats. We're planning to bring them (our 2 year old may use her seat on the plane).

My gut tells me to just get a taxi but will 2 car seats be an issue?

Suggestions?

2 car seats will not be an issue - van and SUV cabs are the same price as standard cabs; I would tip the driver a couple of extra bucks for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seats. The actual drive takes about 15 minuts and the flat rate fare for the cab is $24+tip.

A shuttle (American Shuttle is based at MIA) will cost more.

The cruiseline transfer bus will save you the time spent installing seats, but will take longer to load/unload and will cost more than a taxi.

Unless you are solo a taxi is almost always the better option in Miami. Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC