Info about new aft GS's on Oasis

I know that video of these new GS cabins has been rather scarce, but here is one I saw on YouTube (from TrainMan, I believe) of 12730, one deck above the cabin I have booked...

Here's a good video of 11330 from a thread that ladyariadne was kind enough to post recently...

I know that video of these new GS cabins has been rather scarce, but here is one I saw on YouTube (from TrainMan, I believe) of 12730, one deck above the cabin I have booked...

Here's a good video of 11330 from a thread that ladyariadne was kind enough to post recently...

Interesting videos. Thank you for posting them.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the bookings are now available for the new Oasis-class ship (Harmony), I did a mock booking to see how these same aft-corner GS's on the Oasis (11330, 11730, 12330, 12740, 14330 and 14730) were priced on the new ship. The first thing I noticed is that they have been classified as Aqua Suites instead of Grand Suites. So then I looked at the Oasis deck plans again, and I see that beginning in May of 2016, those six cabins will be Aqua Suites as well. I'm guessing the Oasis 4, and the Allure after the refit, will follow suit.

The price for Cabin 11330 on the Harmony's 13-day TA voyage to Fort Lauderdale was priced around $14,000.

Since the bookings are now available for the new Oasis-class ship (Harmony), I did a mock booking to see how these same aft-corner GS's on the Oasis (11330, 11730, 12330, 12740, 14330 and 14730) were priced on the new ship. The first thing I noticed is that they have been classified as Aqua Suites instead of Grand Suites. So then I looked at the Oasis deck plans again, and I see that beginning in May of 2016, those six cabins will be Aqua Suites as well. I'm guessing the Oasis 4, and the Allure after the refit, will follow suit.

The price for Cabin 11330 on the Harmony's 13-day TA voyage to Fort Lauderdale was priced around $14,000.

Does that price include pillow mints and towel animals?

Does that price include pillow mints and towel animals?

Geez, for that much I certainly hope so. $14,158 when I looked this morning, with no OBC. Too much for that cabin, even for a 13-day TA, but that's just my opinion. Prices will fluctuate, as they always do. They're even asking that price for the Deck 14 aft-corner A4's on the Harmony, which if they're like the Oasis, have a balcony size about 1/3 of the Deck 11 aft-corner balconies.

For now on the Oasis, these A4's-to-be are still GS's, and were selling for under $4,000 a few months back for the 7-day eastern itinerary.

I watched the video for 11330, am I correct in seeing that the bell for the climbing wall is right outside the balcony? Does that mean you could have people ringing that bell during the day? Right outside your bedroom? Or if you are napping on the balcony?

I watched the video for 11330, am I correct in seeing that the bell for the climbing wall is right outside the balcony? Does that mean you could have people ringing that bell during the day? Right outside your bedroom? Or if you are napping on the balcony?

Yes, the rock wall is right next to the balcony, but it's on the living room side, not on the bedroom side. I'm sure it would be a nuisance if you're napping on the portion of the balcony that faces inward (toward the wall), but I'm not sure how loud it would be from the bedroom, or from the portion of the balcony that is ocean-facing. I'm I was going to be laying out there napping or sunbathing, it would be on the private, ocean-facing side anyway.

I too saw that they have reclassified the aft GS category on Oasis to Aqua Suites on Harmony. I also did a mock booking to compare pricing and was very surprised. All the ATS were very close in price, separated only by a few hundred dollars.

Realizing, I have only seen pictures and a video of the new aft GS on Oasis, other than the view and balcony, they in no way compare to an Aqua Theater Suite. Perhaps they were able to reconfigure and make more space in these 6 cabins with Harmony being a new build. We have sailed in an ATS on Oasis and the interior was large and well appointed. There were 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room with many built ins, and area with a dining table & 4 chairs.

We are anxiously awaiting sailing on Oasis in November in one of the new aft GS. We were thrilled to have that balcony and view again at 1/3 of the cost of the ATS.

Yes, the rock wall is right next to the balcony, but it's on the living room side, not on the bedroom side. I'm sure it would be a nuisance if you're napping on the portion of the balcony that faces inward (toward the wall), but I'm not sure how loud it would be from the bedroom, or from the portion of the balcony that is ocean-facing. I'm I was going to be laying out there napping or sunbathing, it would be on the private, ocean-facing side anyway.

How private can it be if all the fish and sea monsters can see you? :eek:

• 5 months later...

My guess is that when sq footage is quoted, it's floor space for first story and loft. That will result in a narrower overall footprint. We're not crazy that most loft suites are aft. We like watching the sea go by, not behind us - a small thing in reality.

But wow these suites are expensive! RCCL is rolling out a new benefit program on Oasis and Quantum Class ships in May 2016, called Royal Suite Class. There are three classes, from low to high - Sea, Sky, and Star. At Star Class, the benefits are incredible - gratuities included, ultimate beverage package, weekly priviliges in the Thermal Section of the spa (kinda sucks that other passengers have to spend $30/day to get the sauna and steamroom). And you get an English-trained butler called Genie! Also a private sun deck and private area on Labadee, and specialty restaurants with no cover. The benefits drop off pretty dramatically from Star to Sky to Sea, but overall an incredible program - but again, these suites are expensive. Maybe RCCL's way of keeping or improving an upscale position in the market.

Oasis and Quantum Class also have real Broadway shows - Cats, Chicago, Mamma Mia - instead of the tired bolo guy, jugglers, and ventriliquists.