Irons In Rooms?

No, irons are considered an electrical hazzard, you may bring along a travel steamer if you wish. We have a steamer and have taken it several times, we steam anything that needs it while we unpack, then put it away for the week. Vacation is not a time to be doing chores or worrying about wrinkles!

In my quest to be ever lighter in the packing, I'm now considering leaving the steamer at home and using the onboard facilities. We only need a few things pressed and the cost really isn't exhorbitant.

We are leaving on Sunday on the Enchantment YES:) . Started to pack and just wondering if any of the staterooms have irons available? Thanks

Here we go again!! :D No they don't. Have a great cruise.

are travel iron's allowed?

I've always brought a travel iron with me and never had a problem. As a matter of fact, on the Splendour a few weeks ago, there was a reminder in the book they leave in the room to make sure you unplug irons after using them. I guess if they were prohibited they wouldn't put that in. Just use common sense and unplug it when you're done. :D

They are not allowed. It is not because they get hot, which they do and are a hazzard tht way too, but it's something to do with the wattage. RCI specifically says on the website that irons present a fire hazzard. I am not sure why people think it's OK for them to do it and that they can break rules, to each his own. I just hope that person really does unplug when me and my kids are on board.

They are not allowed. It is not because they get hot, which they do and are a hazzard tht way too, but it's something to do with the wattage. RCI specifically says on the website that irons present a fire hazzard. I am not sure why people think it's OK for them to do it and that they can break rules, to each his own. I just hope that person really does unplug when me and my kids are on board.

This is not entirely accurate

YES--RCCL specifically bans them

BUT it has nothing to do with wattage (actually you are referring to voltage wattage has to do with light bulbs)

Iron are the same voltage as electric shavers hair dryers phone chargers night lights and any other item that anyone can plug in

what RCCL is protecting themself from is some dufus leaving there iron on and it catching fire in a place where fire can spread quickly and be more devastaing than anywhere

the reason they might still have a 'please turn your iron off sign" in the state room is because they know that some folks will still not listen to reason so they will bring an iron any way (or now that someone thinks it has something to do with the electrical sysytem of the ship they will bring a butane or battery operated iron

Archived