Pride of America

philv

Some questions: Deck plans are difficult to look on NCL website. Is the promenade deck a continuous promenade that wraps around the ship? How about a jogging track higher up? I'm principally interested in walking a continuous loop around ship.

Are floorplans of cabins available anywhere? I can't find on NCL website. I can't find panoramic views of cabins either.

Some questions: Deck plans are difficult to look on NCL website. Is the promenade deck a continuous promenade that wraps around the ship? How about a jogging track higher up? I'm principally interested in walking a continuous loop around ship.

Are floorplans of cabins available anywhere? I can't find on NCL website. I can't find panoramic views of cabins either.

NCL.com is not so good for floor plans, unfortunately.

However, in many cases, one *can* find the information.

On NCL.com, go to the information about a particular ship, and there will be tabs for "deck plans" and "cabin info" (I'm not sure if those are the exact words used).

Unfortunately, in some cases, the floor plans aren't shown, but MIGHT be shown during a mock booking.

For Pride of America, be warned: DECK 13 is new, and the regular floor plans for cabins in any categories that are also on Deck 13 (all suites) might NOT be accurate at all.

(In a few places, NCL has made note of this, but not often enough or clearly enough. And in those cases, mostly they just mention what is different, but not what the new suites actually do look like.)

When they first emerged from drydock with the new Deck 13 suites, it was almost scandalous how INACCURATE some of the descriptions were, including - most notoriously - for the highest priced DOS on a different deck, which wasn't part of the main overhaul at all. (It was described as having two "separate" bedrooms, and that simply is not true. There is ONE, and it's not as "separate" as someone would think. But NCL kept insisting it was accurate, and accepted reservations from passengers who clearly needed and *expected* TWO separate bedrooms.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a major corporation handle something worse.

Even after it was pointed out - MONTHS afterwards - they had still not changed the written description!

Now that other passengers have reported back, often with photos, it's easier to learn a lot about the new suites.

But NCL still doesn't post the floor plans accurately. (Presumably someone, oh, say, the architects, had those sketches available, even before the construction began...!)

GeezerCouple

There's a jogging track on Deck 6 that goes all the way around the ship... I believe 3 times around equals a mile.

This link will take you to the various floor plans for the cabins. What cabin class were you interested in? We had an Aft Balcony on deck 9. The floor plan on the web site is pretty accurate... although it didn't indicate how HUGE the balcony really was. There was room for two chaise loungers, two deck chairs and a cocktail table and still room to move around.

There's a jogging track on Deck 6 that goes all the way around the ship... I believe 3 times around equals a mile.

This link will take you to the various floor plans for the cabins. What cabin class were you interested in? We had an Aft Balcony on deck 9. The floor plan on the web site is pretty accurate... although it didn't indicate how HUGE the balcony really was. There was room for two chaise loungers, two deck chairs and a cocktail table and still room to move around.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed. Hi priority for me to walk laps around the ship. All that good food. ;)

Those oceanviews look pretty snug. I hope you can get them without bunks. But I think balcony would be more to our liking.

• 2 months later...

Are these any more than the regular 138 sq ft on the "regular" balconies? I know the balcony is larger, but how about the room itself?

Also, are the Family balconies any larger than the "regular" balconies? On the printed brochure, they appear to be, but I know those are not to scale usually.