Spirit class - how to book for 5 people?

pinknotes

I've tried doing a search but can't find much of a definitive answer.

My sister (&hubby) wants to come on a cruise with us next year on the Miracle, but she has 3 young children, one who will be in a cot.

I know spirit class ships have max 4 people/beds in a room but does anyone know if she can book a 4 person room and have the baby in there as a 5th person in a cot?

Otherwise are there any tips I should know about with them booking 2 rooms?

The booking on the US site is quite different than the Australian site - on the Aus site you get quoted by age of passenger (so 2 rooms with 2 adults & 3 kids would be cheaper than 2 rooms with 5 adults) but it looks like the US site is just per passenger?

Any advice/experiences would be much appreciated. I was even considering adding their 5th passenger to our room on the booking and then they would all just sleep in their one room using a cot for the baby - does that sound possible?

Sorry for the long post - this all confuses me!

Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On that class, there are some fore adjoining rooms, that connect a balcony with an inside. Best of all worlds, and 2 bathrooms!

I will vouch for these. Better than a suite, IMHO.

Plus very close to Camp Carnival on the Upper Deck.

Side by side. Very far forward: 5105/5107; 5106/5108; 6108/6112; 6109/6115; 7105/7107; 7106/7108. Only six of them, book early. Interesting that none of those cabins indicate space for a third or fourth person. EM

oh wow! I didn't know these existed. We booked an inside and balcony across the hall from each other, but would've MUCH preferred connecting cabins.

Side by side. Very far forward: 5105/5107; 5106/5108; 6108/6112; 6109/6115; 7105/7107; 7106/7108. Only six of them, book early. Interesting that none of those cabins indicate space for a third or fourth person. EM

these rooms are great. we get them every year on the pride. but you do have to book early. and a couple times when i called to book the agent didn't even know about them. they said there are no connecting balcony to interior on any of the carnival ships.

DH and I just got back from a cruise on the Miracle with our 3 grandkids. There were no connecting balcony rooms left, so we booked side by side on the Upper Deck 5171 & 5173. Our first stop when boarding was at Customer Service to get on the list to have our balcony divider opened. They said they only allowed 15 dividers to be opened at a time. It was opened on the second day. We enjoyed being able to have 1 large balcony and it was much easier than going in and out the regular cabin door. So we had 2 in 1 cabin and 3 in the other.

I'd second this idea if it's possible. I had no idea these cabins existed until we were planning our cruise wedding and they were all booked up. If the kids are young, I'd definitely want a connecting cabin (interior door) instead of connecting balcony.