breakaway in march

joe grumble

hi all, am thinking of doing the breakaway on 6th march 2015 down to the bahamas etc, has anyone been in march and whats the crowd like on board,are there spring breakers onboard and if so how was it and also what are the ocean swells like going from new york down to the bahamas and back,we want to take friends with us who are first timers and i`ve told her ships are stable and not too worry.

hi all, am thinking of doing the breakaway on 6th march 2015 down to the bahamas etc, has anyone been in march and whats the crowd like on board,are there spring breakers onboard and if so how was it and also what are the ocean swells like going from new york down to the bahamas and back,we want to take friends with us who are first timers and i`ve told her ships are stable and not too worry.
I went last year at the end of March and I'm going again this year the same week!:cool: No problem with spring breakers and crowds! Here's a link to a thread about when the spring breakers may effect the crowds. Good luck and enjoy!;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2117637

We went last March break. We had an AMAZING time! There were not a lot of spring breakers in terms of college age kids, but there were tons of kids from 0 to 17 as it is a school holiday in Canada. But that was the week AFTER you are planning to go, so no worries for you. That being said, we had a great time, the ship is so big with so many places to spread out, you don't have to notice kids if you don't want to. That being said, the pool area is always crowded, if you like to swim, you'll be disappointed and feel crowded, but if you are more of a deck chair/hot tub person, I think you will be fine. Lots of places to sit... just not necessarily near the pool.

The waves were calm, but that being said, we take Bonine the night before we sail and the first night we sail, just as a precaution. So I don't know if we're fine because of the bonine, or because it's just plain fine, but we do take it until we get our sea legs ... cruises cost too much to take a chance.

You'll have a great time if you go, I think.

Edited by lisakoivu

thanks for the information,we are ok with what you say although just concerned for our first time friends,we tell them its not crowded with kids etc and that you cannot feel the ship most of the time,especially inside,would not like to dupe them in any way,forgot to ask what was the weather like from new york down to orlando.

thanks for the information,we are ok with what you say although just concerned for our first time friends,we tell them its not crowded with kids etc and that you cannot feel the ship most of the time,especially inside,would not like to dupe them in any way,forgot to ask what was the weather like from new york down to orlando.

Weather in New York in March can be tricky.

Last March the air temperatures never went over 60*F. In 2012 we saw air temps as high as 78*F.

Can't really say for sure. It could be anywhere in between and windy.

Of course the temperatures will get much warmer as you go south to Orlando.

I hope you have nice, sunny weather for your cruise!

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Hi, Joe.

We'll be on the Breakaway March 8th, 2015. If you book, come join our roll call. Hey, even if you don't book, feel free to join our roll call. There are only a few of us on it right now. Here's a link to it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959653