Getaway boarding process....

RMS Olympic

I am sailing on the Nov 29th sailing and am oh so ready to go.

I am a Silver level (earliest NCL cruises are not recognized by NCL) or I would be at least gold; this cruise makes me gold level:D

My question is : if I get to the port early, can I still get issued a group one boarding pass or is that reserved for platinum latitude members?

On Princess as an Elite member I get priority boarding and wondered if this is the same with NCL. I want to board early to purchase a Vibe pass.....will it be possible?

Thanks

Tom

Group 1 depends on the order in which you get checked in, not latitude level. We were bronze and we got group 1 for Getaway. We arrived at the port at 9:45 and were some of the first to check in once they let us through security (at 10:00). If we did it again, we would probably try to get group 2, so that we were out of the way of the jerks who think it's necessary to flat out RUN past other people, even almost knocking over a dude with a walker, so they can get to guest services for Vibe passes. Please don't be one of those jerks.

For what it's worth, we went to guest services at 9:00PM and Vibe passes were still available. It was a sold out cruise in June.

Edited by LrgPizza

It really goes more on arrival time to get the lowest boarding group number. If you want to buy a Vibe Pass, I think arrival time is key---more important than Lattitudes level. We are on your sailing and plan on leaving the ICH Miami around 10AM, but we aren't planning on buying any passes.

Can't wait for this cruise!

I'm just off the Getaway. I'm also silver (and will now be gold once the points are issued from this cruise). There is a line for bronze and silver members and another line for gold and platinum.

We got to the port around 10 am and there was no one in the Lattitudes line so we breezed right through. The problem was, we were so early, no one was there to hand out boarding group numbers! Some time later we noticed people with boarding groups and when we asked for one we were given group 3. Oh well, we didn't want Vibe or Spa passes so it didn't really matter.

I'm just off the Getaway. I'm also silver (and will now be gold once the points are issued from this cruise). There is a line for bronze and silver members and another line for gold and platinum.

We got to the port around 10 am and there was no one in the Lattitudes line so we breezed right through. The problem was, we were so early, no one was there to hand out boarding group numbers! Some time later we noticed people with boarding groups and when we asked for one we were given group 3. Oh well, we didn't want Vibe or Spa passes so it didn't really matter.

Having never cruised with NCL I am so confused by this whole process. I thought the person checking you in gives you the boarding group number:confused:. If that's not the case, then who is handing them out? Is this another line to find or is someone just meandering around with them? I have also seen non-latitudes members get group one on Getaway, but it seems Breakaway starts handing out at group 6 regardless of the time of arrival if you are not latitudes. We would love a cabana for our 25th anniversary, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of tips except arrive early and hope for the best :confused:

Last week the boarding numbers were handed out after we went upstairs and right before the area where they take your picture. Unless you are in the suite/VIP lounge it doesn't matter what your Latitudes status is once you go upstairs into the waiting room. We arrived @ 11:15 and were group 5 but remember there are 2 terminals boarding at the same time.

We did not get Vibe passes and found Spice H2O was perfect last week, most people never even found it until late in the week. The first 2 sea days there were maybe 10 people up there before noon and when we came back from St Maarten and St Thomas early afternoon and went up there it was about the same. We did not check it in the late afternoon on the sea days so can't say how crowded it was. I say save your money and get the water feature, it was really nice and cool after being in the sun.