How's the snorkeling in Alaska

Has anyone done this excursion in Alaska. It seems interesting. I was wondering what you all think of it. Would you do it. Have you done it. And if you have done it I would like to know If you recommend it. Thanks in advance.

I still can't get over snorkeling in Alaska

Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure

icon_waiver_b.gificon_snack_b.gificon_strenuous_b.gif

Approximate Duration: 3 Hours

Adult: 91.00 (USD) | Child: 91.00 (USD)

yellow.gifImmerse yourself in Southeast Alaska's underwater world as you snorkel the calm and clear waters of Mountain Point. Stay warm in a quarter-inch wetsuit complete with hood, boots and gloves, as you hover among Alaska's diverse marine life. Local water temperatures often exceed those of the Northern California coast. After a short ride, you will be outfitted with all the necessary equipment and be given a brief orientation before entering the water from a protected beach. Observe and handle a variety of multicolored sea stars, urchins, sea cucumbers and the giant sunflower star during your one-hour guided marine life tour. Discover the myriad of fish that inhabit these waters while snorkeling over the kelp forest. A hot beverage is provided before returning to your ship.

I was on the Radiance last year---and I did this excursion. It was a total blast! The company makes sure your well insulated and off you go....exploring the underwater life in Alaska.

If you've ever snorkled anywhere else---it's completely different. You'll see halibut---lobsters---jellyfish. Nothing compared to the Caribbean---but hey it's one heck of a fun time!

I highly recommend it!!

I was on the Radiance last year---and I did this excursion. It was a total blast! The company makes sure your well insulated and off you go....exploring the underwater life in Alaska.

If you've ever snorkled anywhere else---it's completely different. You'll see halibut---lobsters---jellyfish. Nothing compared to the Caribbean---but hey it's one heck of a fun time!

I highly recommend it!!

Thank you.

I am thinking about a cruise up to Alaska next summer and I thought this Excursion seemed interesting.

Heck, I think I would do it just so I can say I went snorkeling in Alaska

The people in the cabin beside of us did it in Alaska on our June cruise. They had never been snorkling anywahere and absolutely loved it. It sounded like a great trip...they talked about the starfish and sea urchins along with lots of fish.

Hubby and I snorkelled in Alaska in June of this year. Neither of us had ever snorkelled before and we loved it. Water was 57 degrees but in our wet suits we were toasty warm. Cool underwater sea life, lots to see. Definitely recommend this excursion. We only had a group of 5 people, with 3 guides, there was lots of one on one attention.

Archived