50 percent off deposit

jenanderic

My cruise for 2015 is now being offered as a 50% reduced deposit. I already booked this trip with full deposit and early saver. Can I get a price adjustment for my deposit and put the remainder to pay down my balance? I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.

I if I read your question properly, it doesn't seem like it matters. With the 50% less deposit, you are really only reducing the amount you pay up front to book the cabin. The overall rate doesn't change at all so your total fare is still the same.

If you get half of your deposit back, your remaining balance is going to go up by that same amount.

Edited by jdcml

No, but you could cancel your reservation, have them refund your deposit, and make a new reservation at the 50% deposit. This assumes prices haven't increased since you originally booked. If they have you will be charged the higher current fare. Also, there will be a time lag in refunding the original deposit, so if that's important to you there is a risk of cabins disappearing and/or early saver disappearing while you wait. By making the new reservation right away (prior to getting the original deposit refunded) you would minimize that risk.

Seems like a lot of trouble and some risk for what amounts to just delaying half the deposit amount due for a few months.

No, but you could cancel your reservation, have them refund your deposit, and make a new reservation at the 50% deposit. This assumes prices haven't increased since you originally booked. If they have you will be charged the higher current fare. Also, there will be a time lag in refunding the original deposit, so if that's important to you there is a risk of cabins disappearing and/or early saver disappearing while you wait. By making the new reservation right away (prior to getting the original deposit refunded) you would minimize that risk.

Seems like a lot of trouble and some risk for what amounts to just delaying half the deposit amount due for a few months.

This would defeat the purpose as they are already booked ES and they would be penalized $50pp.

My cruise for 2015 is now being offered as a 50% reduced deposit. I already booked this trip with full deposit and early saver. Can I get a price adjustment for my deposit and put the remainder to pay down my balance? I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.

If you have already paid your full deposit I would not try to get my deposit decreased because you would still have to pay it in the end, just look for a price drop.

Makes sense if OP decides not to make final payment. He only loses half of his deposit instead of 100%. No?

OP is booked Early Saver, so there would be a penalty to cancel, and the remaining deposit would be held for a future cruise. Note, that the non-refunded deposit could not be used for this particular cruise, but would need to be used for a new booking for a difference date and/or ship.

I also do not see the point of this post...whether the deposit is now 50% or not, the OP would be no further ahead by cancelling and re-booking (even if they weren't ES).

I also do not see the point of this post...whether the deposit is now 50% or not, the OP would be no further ahead by cancelling and re-booking (even if they weren't ES).

The point of the post was that the OP obviously misunderstood what a 50% reduced deposit meant. S/he very obviously erroneously thought that meant if the deposit was reduced by say $100, then the overall cost of the cruise would be reduced by that same $100. The very first response in the thread by jdcml should have clarified the matter for the OP. In fact, there's no reason for any further "clarification." As they say in court, the question has been asked and answered.

The point of the post was that the OP obviously misunderstood what a 50% reduced deposit meant. S/he very obviously erroneously thought that meant if the deposit was reduced by say $100, then the overall cost of the cruise would be reduced by that same $100. The very first response in the thread by jdcml should have clarified the matter for the OP. In fact, there's no reason for any further "clarification." As they say in court, the question has been asked and answered.

then why are you responding?????? just saying

OMG!! I'm sorry, honestly I'm not that dumb. I guess that's what happens when I'm trying to think while doped up on cold medicine!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Sorry if I, or anybody else seemed harsh, but that was an odd question. And I wouldn't say you were dumb, confused maybe ;)

Go Royals

OMG!! I'm sorry, honestly I'm not that dumb. I guess that's what happens when I'm trying to think while doped up on cold medicine!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Don't worry about it. Sitting at work wishing I was on cold medication right now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk