FTTF-When to start looking?

kelkel2

Has it ever been available for your sailing? This is what it does on mine when I find it through the search for excursions. If it's not available for your sailing or hasn't been released it will most likely look like this. What about if you find it through your "my cruise manager" does it still look that way?

Kelley, not sure if you intended to attach an image or not, but I couldn't see yours.

I have not seen it available since we booked, not sure if it had been previous to that. I do know that when I first looked for the FTTF it showed "Sold Out".

Now it doesn't say that, but there is no link for me to follow to purchase. I was curious if anyone else had seen this before, jusy seems strange to me. It has been this way for a week now. I've got a call in to my PVP, so hopefully he'll have an explanation.

Kelley, not sure if you intended to attach an image or not, but I couldn't see yours.

I have not seen it available since we booked, not sure if it had been previous to that. I do know that when I first looked for the FTTF it showed "Sold Out".

Now it doesn't say that, but there is no link for me to follow to purchase. I was curious if anyone else had seen this before, jusy seems strange to me. It has been this way for a week now. I've got a call in to my PVP, so hopefully he'll have an explanation.

I have seen it do that, but not after it's been available for purchase. I think maybe it's showing that way because you are accessing FTTF through the "favorites" link.

Instead find FTTF by going into my cruise manager and click on book excursions and find it that way. That way it should show up as a shore excursion specifically for your cruise and should show up as "available" or "sold out".

When you add it as a favorite it's just a general link to the description and not to the availability for your sailing.

I hope that makes sense.

I have seen it do that, but not after it's been available for purchase. I think maybe it's showing that way because you are accessing FTTF through the "favorites" link.

Instead find FTTF by going into my cruise manager and click on book excursions and find it that way. That way it should show up as a shore excursion specifically for your cruise and should show up as "available" or "sold out".

When you add it as a favorite it's just a general link to the description and not to the availability for your sailing.

I hope that makes sense.

Kelley, you're a genius!!! Doing it your way brought me back to where I can see the "Sold Out" sign. Thanks for the info, at least now I can see when it comes available

Kelley, you're a genius!!! Doing it your way brought me back to where I can see the "Sold Out" sign. Thanks for the info, at least now I can see when it comes available

:) I wouldn't go that far.. But glad to help!

So I booked FTTF on our last cruise but I can't remember when I booked it. Can anyone say for sure when they successfully booked it? We have a ways to go so I really don't think I need to look for it yet because shore excursions are not out yet, right?

I'm assuming it won't be available until the shore excursions are available. I actually hadn't planned on booking it at all, but recently my husband decided it was 100% completely necessary so now I feel like I am on the hunt!

Anyone have any idea when Carnival starts opening FTTF up for booking?

Got mine for a 3/29 cruise today. Kept checking every day for a week until the spots opened up. They appear to open 10 spots at a time. Good luck.

• 3 months later...
Not to hijack, but I'm a little concerned.

Recently booked on Dream for Dec 2015. Immediately checked for FTTF, and saw it there, but was shown as "Sold Out" Expected that, so no big worries. I added it to my favorites and was going to check it regularly until I saw something.

But for the last week or so, the "Sold Out" message is gone, and there's no link to buy. Is this normal, has anyone seen this before??

Did anyone follow up because I'm having the same issue. Unless it's to close to buy one for December now :(

So if it isn't listed in the excursions, does that mean it is sold out? I have heard of people seeing it and putting it in cart and getting error message because it is sold out, so should I see it even if I can't get it? Where is it generally to be found? In the first port? I looked through every excursion for every port we were going to and nothing. Should I be able to see it even if sold out? Or only if it is available?

Sorry for all the questions but have never done this before... not even sure where it would be in the excursions and don't really want to log on a few times every day and have to look through all the excursions if you know what I mean... Thanks in advance... ;)

You can't book FTTF until excursions are listed for the home port. Then you can book it so keep watching!The farthest out we have bought it was in May 2014 for a March 2015 cruise.

This is not entirely true. There is no set date for the FTTF's to be opened up for purchase. They do not become automatically available when other excursions become available. My Nov 2016 cruise had no available excursions when I first booked it. Then a couple weeks ago excursions started showing up, but to my disappointment, no FTTF's.

So I called up Carnival to ask them why. I was told that before they can make any available, they need to get an idea of how many Platinum and Diamonds will be booked on the cruise. So, when exactly the FTTF's will be available is dependent on how quickly the cruise is selling.

Edited by bakersdozen12

So if it isn't listed in the excursions, does that mean it is sold out? I have heard of people seeing it and putting it in cart and getting error message because it is sold out, so should I see it even if I can't get it? Where is it generally to be found? In the first port? I looked through every excursion for every port we were going to and nothing. Should I be able to see it even if sold out? Or only if it is available?

Sorry for all the questions but have never done this before... not even sure where it would be in the excursions and don't really want to log on a few times every day and have to look through all the excursions if you know what I mean... Thanks in advance... ;)

If it's not there, it's not available yet. When sold out, it will still be there, but when you try to put it in the cart, you get a "no tickets available" message. Such is the case with my Oct 2015 cruise. Although I did get lucky one day and got the magical "1 ticket left" message so I scooped it up! Right before they raised the price by 10 bucks too! [emoji4]

And I should add, too, that where it will be is listed under your home port. Just do a filter for that to find the FTTF easily (when available).

And just because it is sold out one day, there might be some the next. They make them available in blocks, and people do cancel sometimes. Good luck!

Edited by bakersdozen12

And I should add, too, that where it will be is listed under your home port. Just do a filter for that to find the FTTF easily (when available).

And just because it is sold out one day, there might be some the next. They make them available in blocks, and people do cancel sometimes. Good luck!

Congrats on saving $10!!! And thanks for the info, that is helpful. There are no excursions listed yet on home port, although many listed for other ports. Assuming they haven't released it yet but now I know where to look! Thanks a bunch - will look twice a day! ;)

Congrats on saving $10!!! And thanks for the info, that is helpful. There are no excursions listed yet on home port, although many listed for other ports. Assuming they haven't released it yet but now I know where to look! Thanks a bunch - will look twice a day! ;)

You are very welcome; good luck!

And good luck as well Chantill0308!

I just wanted to post an update, with 255 days left, we have some excursions starting to show up, but no FTTF yet. I have started to get back in the habit of trying to check in daily and look for it. I would think it would be showing up soon?