What not to wear

hstrybuf

;) Hi guys, I'm one of those larger ladies, now I have to throw away all my stretch pants,make sure my bra/ shirt shows no wrinkles and get my girlfriends to check my bathing suit lol. I loved the site , had a ball and will just have to shop for all new stuff. Keep it going. BTW the worst I've ever seen was a tall perfectly built blonde in a stunning White bikini (did I say beautiful tan) with one of those gauzy skirt things and high heel sandals at the pool . boy she ruined my whole trip.I never put on my b/suit again LOL

[quote name='LoriLinay']What drives me crazy is when you see the "larger ladies" and they have NONE!! A LOT of it must be hereditary. I've always had it. When I was younger (much) and weighed in at about 115, on my 5'9" frame, soaking wet, I still couldn't cross my legs in shorts because the cottage cheese thigh was so bad. I'm now a "larger lady" and can't wear light colored pants because you can see the dimply mess on my @ss. That's just WRONG!!!

Anybody ever tried those creams? Did they work?[/QUOTE]
Not unless it takes more than one bottle. I tried it (an expensive brand) and I might as well have been rubbing cottage cheese on my thighs. Save your money

[quote name='Patpcozy'];) Hi guys, I'm one of those larger ladies, now I have to throw away all my stretch pants,make sure my bra/ shirt shows no wrinkles and get my girlfriends to check my bathing suit lol. I loved the site , had a ball and will just have to shop for all new stuff. Keep it going. BTW the worst I've ever seen was a tall perfectly built blonde in a stunning White bikini (did I say beautiful tan) with one of those gauzy skirt things and high heel sandals at the pool . boy she ruined my whole trip.I never put on my b/suit again LOL[/QUOTE]
Dont' do that. I'm sure she had a rotten personality. That's what I tell myself when I see 'those' women

[b][color=seagreen]One of the funniest threads I have read. I love to people watch.[/color][/b]
[b][color=seagreen][/color][/b]
[b][color=seagreen]We will be first time cruisers in November. I am reevaluating what I will pack.;) [/color][/b]
[b][color=seagreen][/color][/b]
[b][color=seagreen]I dug out those shoes we would wear when we would go jet skiing. Rubber soled with a heavy mesh on top. Thought we could wear those to walk back and forth to the pools. What do you think? You won't hurt my feelings. REALLY!! Rather hear it here than have people looking at us and snickering. [/color][/b]

LOL!!! This thread is too funny~

I saw a large African-American man wear bib overalls to the dining room. He looked as if he were dressed for a Hee-Haw reunion. On this same cruise, I saw a woman with a hair-do that I will do my best to discribe: She had long hair but had these fake weaves that had gold and white ribbons twisted in the braids. The hair color was gold/black/blonde/red in no certain order. If this was not enough, she also had a bird in her hair....yes, I said BIRD! It was a sparrow I think and it was hooked to a stick that she had in one of her briads. I usually do a good job of not staring, but wouldn't you stare if you saw a bird on a stick in a woman's hair? You know you would, don't lie!!!

colette, I wouldn't be staring. I'd be crying because I would be laughing so hard!:p

Now I'm going to have to be sure and inspect my dad's packing for our Christmas cruise. I could see my dad packing bib overalls, or his one piece Nomex/Dickies overalls. Maybe my mom will do all the packing... :o

Natalie

[quote name='natalunia']colette, I wouldn't be staring. I'd be crying because I would be laughing so hard!:p

Now I'm going to have to be sure and inspect my dad's packing for our Christmas cruise. I could see my dad packing bib overalls, or his one piece Nomex/Dickies overalls. Maybe my mom will do all the packing... :o

Natalie[/QUOTE]

I think I was too stunned to laugh. My mom couldn't look at her because she knew she would bust out laughing. I should have taken a picture!

Make sure he doesn't pack those checkered leisure suite, too!!!LOL

ok...i have giggled myself into a small hissy fit reading this thread!!!! i swear i have been on a cruise with almost everyone y'all have mentioned...except the lady with the bird in her hair!!!!!!!! OMG!!! i would have walked over and asked her if she knew she had a bird in her hair...my dh would've jumped ship at that point...ROFL!!!!!

we were on the brilliance last april and there were these two late teen-aged girls that "cruised" the ship on a regular basis. during the sea days, by the pool, they'd show up in evening wear that was appropriate for say...a dance club in manhanttan! ummmm, i'm talking stiletto heels with ties that they wrapped all the way up their legs, the shortest mini skirts i've seen, except perhaps, in magazines...and the make-up!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! at the pool, at 17 or 18 yrs. old, with a full face of make up!!! it was just the silliest thing i ever saw!!!
my dh and i would always run into them all over the ship. we ran into them one nite in the disco. they were sitting at the bar, with cocktails in hand and the bar manager, that we knew, asked me if i thought they were of age to be drinking. i could only laugh! they were soooo 17! anyway, it turns out, they were actually old enough to drink(18) and the old man they were hanging with was their dad. sure....whatever you say...dad..right!

anyway, they were just totally inappropriately dressed at all times. i'm no prude, believe me. i'm originally from manhanntan myself, but these girls were just too much!!!

oh, by the way...there was just a thing on the early show about all those cellulite creams and so far they don't seem to have one that works too well yet. don't i wish????

Now that I'm back from my very first cruise, I have to say that it might be a good idea to put on some outfits and photograph yourself before packing. I made the mistake of putting on an outfit I've never worn before on the second formal night and really, really regret it. What was I thinking with that top and fake hairpiece??? Maybe nobody else thought it looked bad but I hate the photos... bleh.

hmmmm, after reading these posts I'll have to rethink the halter top dress I just bought - my DH said it was fabulous.......but in 20 years of being married he's never answered "yes" to my standard question "do I need a bra with this?" so his opinion is questionable. Think I'll doublecheck that dress with my mom just so I'm not too entertaining to the rest of the guests on the cruise! :eek:

Archived