Bernards Tours Spam E-mail - Beware

glendon3281

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I got this spam e-mail today from someone pretending to be Bernard.

I really hope you get this fast. I could not inform anyone about my trip, because it was important. I had to be in Istanbul, Turkey for a business Trip. The business was successful, but my journey has turned sour. i misplaced my wallet and cell phone on my way back to the hotel i lodge in after i went for sight seeing. The wallet contained all the valuables i had Now, my passport is in custody of the hotel management pending when i make payment.

I am sorry if i am inconveniencing you, but i have only very few people to run to now. i will be indeed very grateful if i can get a short term loan from you ($2,450). this will enable me sort our hotel bills and get my sorry self back home. I will really appreciate whatever you can afford in assisting me with. I promise to refund it in full as soon as soon as I return. let me know if you can be of any assistance. Please, let me know soonest.

BERNARD'S TAXI & PRIVATE TOURS

Tel: (721)550-1826

(721)586-0708

(954)376-8502 (USA)

Email: bernard1332002@hotmail.com

info@bernardstours.com

www.Bernardstours.com

www.Bernardsxmtours.com

I got it too. Because it had his name on it, I was willing to open it and read it. But the message just screams "scam." I'm sure he doesn't need this hassle, and I hope this doesn't have a negative impact on his business or his reputation.

We actually have an upcoming tour with Bernard who came highly recommended to us by several cruise friends and on these boards. I communicated with him earlier and he has had the terrible misfortune of having his email hacked so it does appear that he is the victim in this situation.

[emoji45]

And yes, let's hope his business is not affected by this unfortunate issue.

Every gal in Constantinople lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople. So if you've a date in Constantinople she'll be waiting in Istanbul.

I never thought I would see They Might Be Giants quoted on Cruise Critic. Well Done :)

Every gal in Constantinople lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople. So if you've a date in Constantinople she'll be waiting in Istanbul.

I never thought I would see They Might Be Giants quoted on Cruise Critic. Well Done :)

Just an FYI the song was originally done by a group called The Four Lads in the fifties.