light weight dumbells

lucky951

Depends on the ship and how well they maintain their equipment. But, in general, yeah they should have the lighter weights. One thing I've noticed is that the more reps you do with them, the heavier they seem to get! steve

Thanks. I had been taking travel weights with me, but the last time they tested positive for explosives at the airport in LA. What a mess. DH says maybe we should leave them at home next time.

I am presuming you have some need based on physiotherapist or alternative experts advice to do certain exercises? If so had you considered travelling with resistance bands. Kind of like a large elastic band with different colours for various resistance to do the stretches and exercises you need.

At least you are doing the right thing by using hand weights as those machine/pin stack weights they have on the ships are extremely dangerous and not good to use. People think they are safe but unbeknown to them when they use them they could be using 60% effort on one side of their body and 40% on the other side creating asymmetrical problems with their muscles leading to severe problems later on.

I am presuming you have some need based on physiotherapist or alternative experts advice to do certain exercises? If so had you considered travelling with resistance bands. Kind of like a large elastic band with different colours for various resistance to do the stretches and exercises you need.

At least you are doing the right thing by using hand weights as those machine/pin stack weights they have on the ships are extremely dangerous and not good to use. People think they are safe but unbeknown to them when they use them they could be using 60% effort on one side of their body and 40% on the other side creating asymmetrical problems with their muscles leading to severe problems later on.

If you're talking about a pec deck/delt fly, yes there is the chance for the uneven activation of the muscle group if the user isn't used to such device. For the amount of time, typically less than 2 weeks, on board it is unlikely someone is going to develop a lingering problem unless they go too heavy and pop their rotator cuff.

Any seasoned gym rat knows that the stack machines are used for finishing a muscle group or warming them up for free weights.