Ruby Princess C750.... Good Suite or Not

Emerald 53

We are booked August 23, 2014 on the Ruby Princess Alaskan Cruise. We will be in Aft Vista suite C750. I have searched and can't find information on this suite. I did see on another blog that this suite is the worst...Really...Why? I see a lot about a vent or beam. Please let me know if we have made a good choice or bad choice.

We are first time cruisers and will appreciate all replies.

Thanks !!!

Sorry, we are booked Aug, 23 1015

Ah, I could have figured that out if I had looked at the schedule; Ruby didn't go to Alaska this year. :o

Well I and everyone I know who has had a Vista Suite on any of the Grand Class ships has loved it. Some have mentioned cooking odors at times from the vents but we have never experienced this. And as to the support beams, this is the biggest non-issue ever. The balconies are so deep and so wide compared to the standard balconies that you hardly notice the beam after the first 10 minutes. Some people just love to complain and that beam seems to be a good target; but don't you believe it.

This is probably not the best photo to show it--it's the Caribbean Princess, not Ruby Princess--but the aft balconies are virtually the same. If you look at the first row of balconies above the Promenade Deck, you can see the vents in the middle; this is Emerald Deck. Next deck up is Dolphin Deck; no cabins in the middle but also no vents. Next deck up is Caribe Deck; C750 is next to the cabin on the left corner, C752. As you can see, you are two decks above the vents. The only sound you will here up there is the beautiful sound of the wake.

2040793560102519826pwUdPu_ph_zps2ea653f5.jpg

We were in C750...the balcony is much narrower than the previous pics posted...here is C750ImageUploadedByForums1414679807.123480.jpg.3cc16fa93292633b634f0261ff47f384.jpgplus there is another beam directly next to the table...there are two beams...however the room is larger than the other S6's...we did not find the beams bothersome but the one in the bedroom blocks your view....again, I do not believe the previous pics were of C750...the Vistas on lower decks have larger balconies such as the pic posted...you will love the room so don't worry!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by deise17311

Although I love the aft facing cabins, I didn't like the Suite with the 2 beams.

I found I had to climb over the beams to get to lounge chairs and it was shallow deck although wide.Next time we booked a midship suite (on the Sapphire) and loved the huge deck on Caribe deck.Don't think the Ruby has these on CAribe.

We stayed in this suite as well. I found the beams obstructive. As said by an earlier poster the one in front of the bedroom totally obstructs the view which was a bummer for me. I also found the balcony very narrow. If you look in the picture posted by Deise you will see that if the loungers have their footrests extended you cannot walk without stepping over them. I also found the suite to be smaller than some of the others I have had. All that being said, if it is your first suite and balcony you will like it. When we booked this suite it was all that was available. Given a choice, we would not book this suite again.

We were in C750...the balcony is much narrower than the previous pics posted...here is C750[ATTACH]329557[/ATTACH]plus there is another beam directly next to the table...there are two beams...however the room is larger than the other S6's...we did not find the beams bothersome but the one in the bedroom blocks your view....again, I do not believe the previous pics were of C750...the Vistas on lower decks have larger balconies such as the pic posted...you will love the room so don't worry!!

Thats so weird! I've cruised in a few aft suites and always had a balcony that had the door then 3 partitions just like f-mattox pictures. I even had one aft balcony cabin and had a larger balcony than that. Your balcony looks the same width as the ones on the side of the ship. You don't even have the long lounge chairs. You said cabin c750? just want to make sure because I will never book that one!

Thats so weird! I've cruised in a few aft suites and always had a balcony that had the door then 3 partitions just like f-mattox pictures. I even had one aft balcony cabin and had a larger balcony than that. Your balcony looks the same width as the ones on the side of the ship. You don't even have the long lounge chairs. You said cabin c750? just want to make sure because I will never book that one!

Yes C750...the S6's on Caribe deck are like that...not the Penthouses next door which have the larger balconies, just C750 and it's sister on the other side...

We were in C750...the balcony is much narrower than the previous pics posted...here is C750[ATTACH]329557[/ATTACH]plus there is another beam directly next to the table...there are two beams...however the room is larger than the other S6's...we did not find the beams bothersome but the one in the bedroom blocks your view....again, I do not believe the previous pics were of C750...the Vistas on lower decks have larger balconies such as the pic posted...you will love the room so don't worry!!

We were in C751 on the Crown & I agree with the above. The beam is right in the way, very close to the sliding glass door & did block the view. You had to walk carefully around that beam coming out of the slider. :eek: Especially @ nite. It is right in the way. Not so on other decks. I would never book that suite again either. I would rather have a smaller suite & a larger balcony when there is a beam. That above pic is not on the C. deck. Might be on the Dolphin deck

We've been in C750 (VS) on the Grand (10-day Alaska) and next door in C749 (PH) on the CB (7-day So. Caribbean). While the balcony in the latter was much deeper and the former had ONE beam we lived them both.

Neither the dreaded PH vent not the attacking VS beam affected the great inside space, the gorgeous view of the wake, all the perks of the Suite life, nor anything we did while on or off the ship!

We would repeat cruise in either of them again in a heartbeat!

We have decided to change our reservation to C748. Thanks for all the help! Does anybody have any info on C748?

Thanks!

We are booked in PH C748 on the Crown in January for a 10 day Mexico cruise. Did quite a bit of research first and we understand these balconies are wider and deeper than C750 or C751 and do not have beams. My only concerns were odors from the vents but have not heard this complaint for a long, long time - and whether the noise from the wake is enough toinhibit normal conversation. Guess we will find out in January, but i think everything else will far outweigh any minor issues.

DiRonT -

You are correct based on our experience. We've been in PH C749 (should be mirror of C748) as well as VS C750 (which shoukd be mirror of C751).

Our C749 balcony was amazingly huge - much larger than the (still larger than normal) C750 and no beam (nice not to have the beam but we wouldn't not stay in a VS again because of it). And while we did notice the dreaded vent we didn't not love our cruise, our suite, and our fantastic balcony because of it. And we never smelled any dreaded odor from it... And that huge balcony was a great place for our UBD - which to us put some extra U in UBD!

Of course, a PH costs more than a VS. We agree the PH is the best but we also feel a VS is a great way to have virtually the same cabin inside, the same ship location, still a larger than normal balcony, and all the same suite perks but for less money than a PH the VS can be a great trade -off.