Solo Cruise Christmas Week on Breakaway

JJS329

Should I pull the trigger and book a BA cruise December 21st to 28th? I would be going solo since my friends can't take off at the end of the year and/or don't want to cruise during Christmas. I celebrate Chanukah so it's not a concern for me. I'm anxious about cruising solo. I know there have been threads about this before, but how many solo cruisers are in their late 20s? I would want to balance meeting new people and spending some alone time.

I was in touch with my PCC during the last 10% back OBC sale, but didn't move forward. Now, I see it's being offered again and I'm kinda tempted. Thoughts??

I would do it if I had the time off, the extra money, and no Christmas plans. I doubt you'll feel bad if you are getting some nice R & R in a sunny place with nothing but time on your hands. If you want to meet people join the roll call or book a studio. I just got back from my 1st solo vacation and I found I was fine on my own. I'll probably try a cruise next on my own. I actually made enough friends during my last trip I was turning down invitations. Go and enjoy yourself. It's not as bad as people think traveling solo. It's actually really fun. Sleep in, go explore, eat when you want, hangout by the pool...

As far as solo cruisers' ages are concerned, I've found that there's a pretty big spread of ages...and you never know what you'll see on your particular cruise.

I've cruised solo twice. The first cruise, there was a nice group of 20-to-30-somethings and we all dined together each night and went to a few shows together, went to the ice bar together, etc. It was in November and the ship didn't seem as full as the second cruise. There were some older solos as well, but there were plenty of younger ones, too.

My second cruise, the median age was a bit higher and I was one of the youngest in the bunch. However, this cruise was a special 8-day cruise, and there were TONS of solos at the nightly meetings. This one was also in January, and I'm not sure if that (as well as the cruise being 8-day) affected the age range or not.

Basically, I guess it's just luck of the draw of whether the median age will be older or not.

I wouldn't worry about other people's ages especially on NCL, some people are eternally 12 or 20 in a 60 year old body. lol. You're cruising solo, you decide if you want alone time or spending time with others. You're going to have fun, just remember not to drink too much from the wine machine in the studio lounge. :D