Halloween sale or keep early saver?

GeorgiaMomof4

What are your thoughts? We have 3 cabins on the Paradise in February. We love our current cabin location we picked with early saver but we can save about $300 per couple to change. We sailed this same week this year on the Fascination and booked about 13 days out and paid about the same as the Halloween price is. Should we note the bullet and let Carnival pick our cabins and save the $300 or tough out the early saver and see if rates drop to be able to keep the cabins we have?

We only have until 8 to decide because our PVP leaves then.

Help!

No, that is not true. You cannot apply ES to a GTY cabin.

And the decision is really up to you. If a Balcony cabin, you are probably ok to go to a GTY because there probably aren't many Balcony cabins in bad locations. If an Interior, you could get a poor location like under/above the Galley, under/above the theatre or MDR. OV are pretty much on decks 1 and 2.

So it really depends on how much you value the location of your cabin. I had this choice back in September where I could have saved around 350. I chose to keep the cabin I selected.

We had the same decision to make for our March Sunshine cruise..we are 3 booked in an interior spa cabin and could switch to a GTY balcony for $100 LESS! In the end we decided to keep our deck 12 interior spa cabin bc our plan this cruise is to spend a lot of time vegging out on Serenity and it is 20 steps from our current cabin.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

What are your thoughts? We have 3 cabins on the Paradise in February. We love our current cabin location we picked with early saver but we can save about $300 per couple to change. We sailed this same week this year on the Fascination and booked about 13 days out and paid about the same as the Halloween price is. Should we note the bullet and let Carnival pick our cabins and save the $300 or tough out the early saver and see if rates drop to be able to keep the cabins we have?

We only have until 8 to decide because our PVP leaves then.

Help!

Early saver rules don't allow for you to price match to a fare that is for a guarantee cabin. So if Carnival follows their own rules, you would technically have to cancel your current reservation which costs $50 per person and then apply what is left to a new guarantee cabin under the Halloween sale.

We did it - good or bad - it's done.

A guaranteed $300 savings per couple is a lot of money to us. That will more than likely pay for our gratuities, all onboard expenses and probably even our hotel the night before the cruise.

We don't spend that much time in our rooms so I think we will be fine wherever they put us. It's going to drive me crazy until we get our cabin assignments though. I'm such a planner and need to know where we will be.

Good luck to all of you out there who have made the jump with us!

Hopefully the cabin God's will be smiling on all of us!

Carnival allows you to "give up ES " and your cabin , to take advantage of the Halloween Sale Guarantee promo.

Just did it myself .

There is no Balcony cabin location that is worth the $450 OBC that we got for going Guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MCC retired

Carnival allows you to "give up ES " and your cabin , to take advantage of the Halloween Sale Guarantee promo.

Just did it myself .

There is no Balcony cabin location that is worth the $450 OBC that we got for going Guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just switched to the new rate yesterday after already price-matching to an earlier GTY promo and we're still considered ES. I think you only give up that status if you price match to P&G or Super Saver (which CCL is letting guests do as a one time courtesy).