Pre-Booking Shared Prime 7 Reservations or Waiting Until On Board for Table for Two?

TahoeTraveler

Thanks everyone. It certainly sounds as if going direct is the best course of action. One great thing about Regent is that I've never really heard "no" as an answer. It might not be exactly what we want, but they'll go out of their way to make the day as special as they can.

And yes, we've notified them on our butler request form that it is our 25th...I assume that's sufficient?

How I wish I had seen your post before this. We were on the Mariner last year for our 40th anniversary. I wrote it on the butler's form and just assumed that would be enough.....WRONG! No acknowledgement whatsoever. I hope you have a wonderful 25th even if it's not in Prime 7.

Editing to add: Guess I missed these last few posts. So glad everything worked out so well for you!

Edited by Anna B.
adding to comment

Thanks TC, Anna, and Jane..we appreciate all the well wishes. And a big shout out to Wes and Mr. Kamlani. Class act all the way around. Truly one of the best "let's fix this" situations I've ever seen.

I just hope we didn't cause any issues onboard...although P7 sure was empty while we were there. Kind of makes you wonder...bit I'm not complaining!!

Definitely going into our "Best Cruise Memories" file!

Tami

IMHO it is a sad state of affairs when the President of the company has to intervene to get this done. Why wasn't the dining room manager able to make this happen for the celebrating couple? Does not give one confidence in the onboard experience at all

Edited by Cruising Librarian

IMHO it is a sad state of affairs when the President of the company has to intervene to get this done. Why wasn't the dining room manager able to make this happen for the celebrating couple? Does not give one confidence in the onboard experience at all

I was thinking this but didn't want to sound negative with a celebratory reservation.;)

I am truly happy that the meal turned out well in the end,it is just a shame that Tami couldn't organise it herself and have to go through the stress of it all.

.We saw a few incidences of preferential treatment to certain passengers who seemed to be frequent cruisers with Regent and made them selves well heard.

That's great Tami..special occasion too.

We were I

When we were in Prime 7, there were 4 empty tables for two and a couple of large empty tables.I heard this was a frequent occurrence.Maybe they really don't have the staff to cope properly with the service everyone desires...

Just want to comment about empty tables as we asked about it a long time ago. In order to avoid everyone arriving at P7 (or Signatures) at the same time, they stagger the reservations. So, at 6:30 p.m. it will be partially empty. At 7:00 p.m. another group arrives and so on. By 7:30 p.m. the restaurants are full but by the time the 8:00 reservations show up, earlier diners are starting to leave. IMO, it is a good way of managing the dining venues and avoids the "rush" that happens in CR.

Agree that it should not have been so difficult for Tami to obtain a reservation for this special day.

Thanks for that explanation TC. That makes a lot of sense, and quite frankly, enhances the dining experience. We especially loved being in the first group there, because it seems as if our dinner just went off more smoothly than the times we've had later reservations.

I hope I didn't come off as complaining. I just didn't understand (or like, quite frankly) being told "no problem" one day, and then "no way" just a few days later. But there have been several things about this particular cruise that I've never seen before on Regent...and hope never to see again (involving the behavior of the passengers). Will post more when I get home and put together a review.

Thanks again so much for all the kind words.

Tami

I'm a little late to the party and only reading this thread for the first time.

Something must be going on with specialty dining reservations because a few days after we boarded, we received a telephone call that we had no reservations and before opening up reservations to those passengers requesting second reservations, they were providing us the opportunity to make reservations for both segments.

Problem is, I had made reservations on line AND HAVE PRINTOUTS to prove such. Whenever I do anything on line that may require confirmation, I always print it out. The fact I had printouts made no difference whatsoever, although we did get reservations, it was not for the days we had originally requested.

After much discussion with other passengers, there is overall sentiment that something is going on with F&B - almost all complaints are regarding problems with some aspect of food service.

gnomie :)

Edited by gnomie1

Just want to comment about empty tables as we asked about it a long time ago. In order to avoid everyone arriving at P7 (or Signatures) at the same time, they stagger the reservations. So, at 6:30 p.m. it will be partially empty. At 7:00 p.m. another group arrives and so on. By 7:30 p.m. the restaurants are full but by the time the 8:00 reservations show up, earlier diners are starting to leave. IMO, it is a good way of managing the dining venues and avoids the "rush" that happens in CR.

Agree that it should not have been so difficult for Tami to obtain a reservation for this special day.

I couldn't agree more but the tables were empty all night when we were there.We arrived at 7 pm and stayed late,being the last table to leave as we shared with 2 other couples and had such fun.