Friends and Family Voucher?

mcarney

I received a friends and family voucher where the purchase/issue date was 10/04/2014 ... I booked the same cruise as the voucher on 09/30/2014 ... Will I be able to use the voucher? The voucher issue date is always the last night of the hosts cruise even though the future cruise was booked on 09/27/2014, but the voucher's date is 10/04/2014.

I know the voucher has to be received / redeemed within 60 days from issue, but does it matter if the recipient booked their cruise before the voucher was issued?

Thanks in advance

I understand what you are saying but bottom line you didn't have the voucher when you booked the cruise and I am guessing Carnival is going to use the date listed on the voucher. I am sure there is some fine print somewhere that address this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I read and re-read the voucher and there is nothing that specifically states the recipients booking must be AFTER the host's....this is the only 2 statements:

"A friend or family member has vouched for your funness and wants to give you this voucher."

"Must be redeemed within 60 days from the day the host booking is made"

Had anyone had a voucher denied? What happened to the voucher..is it sent back?

Is an email sent notifying of either the obc posting or denial?

Thank you

"Must be redeemed within 60 days from the day the host booking is made"

That is your "fine print" Within means from the date it was issued until 60 days after that date.

I think you need to find a good PVP and talk with them (via email makes a paper trail) and see what they will say. Carnival may honor the voucher just to make nice but from a legal standpoint I don't think they have to honor it.

In reality Carnival issues these voucher to encourage "family and friends" to book. You already booked by the time the voucher was issued.

Let us know what happens and best of luck.