Jewel or Dawn

hpecorari

• 2 weeks later...

"Truth be told I was interested in South America but the months offered it's cold there and I'm not crazy about being on the ship when we can't utilize the pool and outdoors like one can when it's warm. As I'm looking for February of this year (yes, I'd let to get away from all the bad weather expected here in Philadelphia) there really is not many options."

If you are thinking of going south of the equator, February is late summer for them. If you go far enough south, it may be like Alaska in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved both the Dawn and the Jewel - for different reasons!! The Great Outdoors is one of my favorite spots on the ship - as stated by previous posters... but, the Boston to Bermuda itinerary on the Dawn with a large group of people celebrating a 50th Jubilee at Sea was one of our best cruises EVAH - awesome Meet & Greet with Cruise Critic folks, great crew, terrific entertainment... fantastic time overall!!

Sounds like you've decided on the Sun but I wanted to chime in on my thoughts :)