Dining room--menus?

Just took my last test, only a quiz left, stress levels are down, my sense of humor is restored, and so am ready to ask more questions. :)

In the main dining room (Enchantment), how is it set up, in the food area? Are there menus, are you offered two or three choices, or is it set for each night? If you don't like certain items, can they be removed if they are part of the ingredients?

I hate mushrooms and onions, I have tried them, really, but I just can't stand the taste of them. Unfortunately, many recipes call for these items. So, I was just curious, how are things fixed on the Enchantment?

How "fancy" is the food/dinning setup there? I am looking forward to trying out some new foods, dishes (minus the onions and muchrooms, lol) but to be honest, don't know all the etiquette rules. I have bought some nice clothes, not fancy, but nice, and am looking forward to some dress up.

Here at home, it is jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes.

I had to actually buy some dress shoes, and am getting some sandals. :D

Thanks for the help.

I have two weeks before the grind starts again, so have some catching up to do in my reading here.

Jly

This site shows the relatively new menus that are on RCI. These are for Navigator but I believe menus are the same on all ships.

http://theloves.smugmug.com/gallery/489059/1/19958691

At least it will give you an idea.

The food is excellent and well prepared and things are fairly simply done (not a lot of complicated sauces or unusual ingredients) so that it will appeal to a variety of customers.

I especially like the fruit soups, which might be something different for you to try and I think everyone should have escargots once in their life. Remember that if you do not like something, the waiters can bring you another selection and if you cannot decide between 2, try both!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Thanks for the help, and suggestions. I will try a variety of new foods, I just didn't know if what they brought you, that was it.

I LOVE seafood, well, not calamri (squid or octupus not sure which or spelling), tried it, didn't like it. But most other, yummmy.

Enjoy Asian foods, not a big beef eater, eat manily chicken, fish, some pork.

I am looking forward to seeing new places, new foods, so will try a taste as many as I can, even if I have to force myself on some (except the snails, :D ).

Jly

This site shows the relatively new menus that are on RCI. These are for Navigator but I believe menus are the same on all ships.

http://theloves.smugmug.com/gallery/489059/1/19958691

At least it will give you an idea.

The food is excellent and well prepared and things are fairly simply done (not a lot of complicated sauces or unusual ingredients) so that it will appeal to a variety of customers.

I especially like the fruit soups, which might be something different for you to try and I think everyone should have escargots once in their life. Remember that if you do not like something, the waiters can bring you another selection and if you cannot decide between 2, try both!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Thanks for the link!

If you are unsure about the sauces having mushroom and/or onions, you can ask to have all sauces served on the side. That way if you don't like it, it won't ruin the meat/fish, but if you like it, you can "pour it on!" as you like. They will do this for all entrees and salads, but you have to ask and remind them every time you order... unless of course you get a great waiter who remembers EVERYTHING!

For CarolinaColada, per the RCI website:

Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary, so be sure to check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner.

Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.

Lunch: Noon - 2:00 p.m.

Dinner: Main Seating 6:15 p.m., Second Seating 8:30 p.m.

And for Curiousjly, here is a site I found for RCI Sample Dinner Menus:

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/menu_dinner.htm

Happy eating y'all,

Kat 50.gif

Carolina- on our Eastern itinerary on NOS in January, early was 6 pm and late was 8:30.

Kat- I have seen that menu too but it is pretty old. The one posted above from the Love's page reflects the "new" menu, implemented in the last year or so.

Anyone else- I would still love to know what is on the lunch menu in the DR:D

Cheers,

Carolina- on our Eastern itinerary on NOS in January, early was 6 pm and late was 8:30 (except the first night- 6 & 9)

Kat- I have seen that menu too but it is pretty old. The one posted above from the Love's page reflects the "new" menu, implemented in the last year or so.

Anyone else- I would still love to know what is on the lunch menu in the DR:D

Cheers,

Archived