HMC Unlimited drink option

Italian Nancy

I think we need more details. Do you know more of the details? From whom did you get this info?? I am not grilling, just trying to figure it out....

I have never heard of this.

Karen

aka Rumpleteaser

Hey All!!

I know I've read here on the Main HAL board of cruiser's who've purchased this card for HMC for $19.95pp. Please let us know if it is indeed a possibility and the best way to obtain the card for this day! If I'm not mistaken it can be purchased on the day of HMC through ship services on board or at the island. It includes unlimited Rum Punch, Beer & bottled water. Is this a fact?? Thanks, Nancy:)

Half Moon Cay.........What a delightful way to spend the day!!

(I know....the proper way to pronounce Cay is Key):D

Karen, Thanks so much! I began perusing the boards awhile ago starting from page 199 or something like that. It was taking too long but there are postings affirming there is such a thing. Keep in mind these are postings from as far back as June 2004. Back then Cabana's were $179.00 too then jumped to $219.00 and now look at what people are paying! Keep us posted! Nancy (the Scottish one):D

Back in April 2004, we were offered a "beverage option" with our cabana by the concierge in the neptune lounge. I've never seen this advertised anywhere. I cant recall the price, but $15 is what I am thinking. Our cabana guy would bring us just about anything we wanted. In fact, they even had a bottle of Chivas Regal brought to the Island from the ship because one person in our cabana asked for a Chivas on the rocks. He would have been happy with something else, but Amadeo, our cabana guy never gave up on getting that Chivas on the rocks.

I will certainly inquire about the beverage option when we cruise in October.

Tim

Well, it's not much, but it is promising! I called shore excursions first, and they said they knew nothing about it, and that I should call ship services. So I did, and the girl I spoke with said that there will be 'something available along those lines', but she did not yet have the details. I am not sure if they hammer that out differently for each cruise?? Anyway, I could only ask about my own cruise, which is in November, so if any of you are going sooner, you might want to try to call ship services to ask about your own cruise. The girl did say that whatever it was, we could not pre-purchase it, and she suggested that I go right to shore excursions and ask again when we board. Most mysterious, but I am glad there will be a deal, because I do enjoy my cocktails (this is vacation, right?) and the cabana and drink pkg (in our minds) was WAY out of line and not worth that kind of money, unless you have 4 people to split it with...and even then I am not sure. Better a clam shell and drink card!

Anyone else who finds something out...can you please post?

Thanks in advance!

Karen

aka Rumpleteaser

It would be hard to believe that HAL would come up with different drink deals for each cruise.

But who knows ... maybe this will be a new option for everyone to enjoy! ;)

However, I don't think HAL has a problem selling drinks on HMC at the regular price, so I don't see why offering an all-you-can-drink card for $19.95 would benefit them at all!

Maybe some posters got confused with the HMC barbecue vs. the barbecue on the Lido deck during the cruise. At the latter, there is an all-you-can-drink pina colada deal in the $20 range.

On Zuiderdam cruise, May 2004, the card could be purchased for $19.95. It entitled the buyer to unlimited beer and rum punch. Possibly soft drinks and bottled water also (?).

They were available on the ship at any bar. We purchased ours the day prior to HMC.

We thought it was a great deal!!

The package we purchased was an add on to the Cabana and was unlimited bar service. Anything from the bar was available, not just beer and rum punch. I dont remember the price, but it was a bargain. It was listed as an option on the Cabana reservation form we signed in the Neptune lounge while waiting for our cabin to be ready.

So, I dont know if its something universally available or if its just for Cabana guests, or if its only available through the Neptune lounge. All I do know, is that I didnt dream it.

Tim

On Zuiderdam cruise, May 2004, the card could be purchased for $19.95. It entitled the buyer to unlimited beer and rum punch. Possibly soft drinks and bottled water also (?).

They were available on the ship at any bar. We purchased ours the day prior to HMC.

We thought it was a great deal!!

Thanks for the heads up AirGorilla!! I knew I'd read about it on this board, just hadn't heard anyone speak of it in a while! We had to skip HMC last year because of hurricane Jeanne so I didn't get to take advantage of it. Hopefully we will get to go this time around! By the way last September the bottomless Pina Colada's were $11.95 on BBQ night.....MMMMMM MMMMM MMMMM They were delicious!!:D

Page 163 of this board has information that there is indeed the $19.95 HMC unlimited beer, rum punch & water package. I know there are more posts on this I just have to keep digging. I'm starting from the back and working my way forward!! :)

Thanks for the heads up AirGorilla!! I knew I'd read about it on this board, just hadn't heard anyone speak of it in a while! We had to skip HMC last year because of hurricane Jeanne so I didn't get to take advantage of it. Hopefully we will get to go this time around! By the way last September the bottomless Pina Colada's were $11.95 on BBQ night.....MMMMMM MMMMM MMMMM They were delicious!!:D

Just to let you know, there wasn't a BBQ Night onboard the Zuiderdam last week. Apparently HAL has made plans to remove it according to the cruise director because it is far too hot at the Lido pool area and a couple of chefs passed out from the heat a few cruises ago. The roof on the Lido pool can't be open during the BBQ because the smoke sets off the fire/smoke alarms.

Archived