Early Return Flight

Gacksy

Well Delta just moved our flight up to 8:15 now. Gonna have to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is your final destination and date of flight?

They are very good about moving you to later flight in cases like this.

We did make 830 flight in November, but we have done that 3 times, so we know how to make it as efficient as possible. I would be glad to give you more pointers if you have to make that early flight.

Depending on final destination I would try to move to the 12:55 flight (if that is operating on the day you leave).

Of course ymmv, but last two times we have been off between 7 and 715, in cab in less than 5 minutes later, and . At airport 15 to 20 minutes later. We usually only have carry on bags so that helps. We have goes, so,that includes precheck, but at that time there really isn't much of a line anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I know it can be done just need to get off ship ASAP. Our cruise 2/28 says summit docks at 6 AM But from what it seems like you can't get off till 7. What time do you go down to line up to be first off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I know it can be done just need to get off ship ASAP. Our cruise 2/28 says summit docks at 6 AM But from what it seems like you can't get off till 7. What time do you go down to line up to be first off?

First walk offs were just after 7 am on the same dates last year. I'd be going down to the door at by 6h30 to be first in line, this will get you through customs and immigration before the lines start and in one of the first taxis to the airport. Trip takes about 15 minutes at that time in the morning.

Good luck!

PS stop by our roll call. Get together at the mast bar at 4 pm on the 28th:D

email me at triggerforward and then yahoo and then dot com.

• 4 weeks later...
We have never done the self assist any hints/advice?

We will have to this time since the airline bumped us up to 11am flight out (and other flights are sold out), disembark shows 6am from RCCL.

An 11 AM flight should be no problem.

Self-assist is easy, it's all we have ever done. Keep your bags. Line up, leave.

Take a taxi, don't forget the Ag stickers, print boarding passes ahead.

Good luck!

No problem at all! We did this just last weekend. Self assist is simple. Head downstairs around 630am. We were let off the boat around 7am. They let the passengers off first w 830 or earlier flights but we jumped into that pack. My DH is always worried about getting held up. We were off the boat and in the cab by 710. To the airport AG was right when we walked in. Much easier that the last time we were there even. (The airport Is growing quickly and getting easier). We were check in, through TSA and at our gate by 740!

For self disembarkation WITH luggage please note that you must be able to not only move your luggage through the ship you must also be able to carry it on stairs.

Facilitating early flights please

1. check in on line and print your boarding passes. Pay any additional fees, like baggage, at this time. Even if this involves a fee for internet minutes it will facilitate your airport check in.

2. fill out any customs and immigration forms ACCURATELY and completely. Keep all receipts handy as well as any purchases. Do not exceed the duty for expensive items, liquor, and/or cigarettes. Do not attempt to carry off food items such as fruit and fresh meat. Do not attempt to bring back illegal items such as drugs or even rhino tusks. The list is available on the US government web site if you have any concerns. Don't wear any flashy new jewelry. Customs agents weren't born yesterday...they will give the customs declaration a serious exam if they even have a hint of impropriety. If you have additional duty you will be directed to another area and this process could take 20 minutes or more. Random inspections do occur.

3. the gathering area for self disembarking passengers can get very crowded and there will always be pushy passengers who absolutely have to get off before you. There will be passengers who will drop their luggage early in the designated area and head off to breakfast and in the process clogging aisles or seating areas.

4. If your port disembarkation involves an escalator be aware that you will be directed to an elevator if you cannot maintain one hand on the escalator rail.

5. The Ag station is near the front door of SJU.

6. As the airline check in areas get more crowded make sure you are in the correct lane for your chosen airline. We have seen lines co-mingled in SJU.

I hope all goes well and you can make your flight. Having flown out of SJU quite a few times over the last 30 years I'd never add the stress of a flight before 11, but that's just me. Good luck.