Port Canaveral for Canadians

jtdlmc

Any Canadians debark from Port Canaveral lately? Do you go through Immigration with everyone else or are we required to get up at an ungodly hour in the morning to report to Immigration? First cruise we ever went on was out of Tampa and the whole family, kids and all, had to meet with Immigration in the theatre at 6 am. We will never do that again lol! I know at the time there were several ports that operated this way, just want to make sure Port Canaveral isn't one before I book.

Any Canadians debark from Port Canaveral lately? Do you go through Immigration with everyone else or are we required to get up at an ungodly hour in the morning to report to Immigration? First cruise we ever went on was out of Tampa and the whole family, kids and all, had to meet with Immigration in the theatre at 6 am. We will never do that again lol! I know at the time there were several ports that operated this way, just want to make sure Port Canaveral isn't one before I book.

Thankfully you don't have to do that anymore. That happened to us on a cruise years ago when we stopped in New Orleans. I was less then impressed.

We cruise once or twice a year and have never had to do anything other then enter our ID..passport/Nexus during the online check-in and show when we check in.

Thanks, that's good to know! What a way to end your last vacation day - getting the whole family up and out to meet with them at 6 am. We've only cruised out of Miami since then and I swore I would never cruise out of Tampa or any other port that worked that way. I guess I can look at itineraries out of Tampa again now :)