airbrush legs in can

Has anyone tried Sally Hansen airbrush legs It comes in a spray can. I was wondering how long it lasted, if it was waterproof and how many applications you would get from the container. I went to the website which says its long lasting (whatever that means). There wasn't any other info and the phone won't be answered until after the holiday. Any help would be great.

Conquest June 2004

Victory June 2002

Elation 2000

Paradise 1999

Celebration 1997

Hi Kathy - I think I saw this topic on the Fashion Forum a week or two ago....I don't know anything about it so I can't help you but the fashion diva's probably can...

Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;3;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400until Century

Then let the countdown to the Miracle 08/07/04 begin

Fantasy - 02/04

Airbrush Makeup made just for legs.

from

http://www.sallyhansen.com/airbrush_legs.cfm

Spray-on hose?

from

http://www.wtsp.com/consumer/consumer_article.aspx?storyid=6556

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

I didn't buy any but I saw some at Rite Aide yesterday. They were selling it in smaller sample sizes. That might be the best way to test it.

I did read an article in Allure magazine where some readers had actually tested it. It got positive reviews.

Veronica

sunset_gd_e0.gif

Thanks for the replies. I checked the links but still don't know how long it will stay on, especially if it gets wet. I'm leaving soon but I may decide to give it a try. Self tanners work okay on my fair skin, but tend to make my freckles even darker so I was hoping this might be my answer.

Conquest June 2004

Victory June 2002

Elation 2000

Paradise 1999

Celebration 1997

On one of our local radio stations, one of the gals hosts a "Chick Chat." She raved, and I mean RAVED, about the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. She said it actually stays on well, that she got it wet but it didn't come right off. She said you really need to use soap and water to wash it off. She even used it on her arms and Decollete. HTH

2-14-04 Seabourn Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;2;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

6-19-04 Disney Magic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3-19-05 Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;3;19;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Just don't wear white shorts with it! I used it and basically liked the way it looked, but it did get a little streaky by my feet and ankles. it's an ok alternitive to frying in the sun, but It turned the bottoms of my shorts tan colored and I really let it dry before putting them on, so be careful.

• 1 month later...

I'm the first one to try something new, and I'm as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost, but the thought of applying make-up to my legs.....well even I won't go that far.

I'm perfectly happy with the self-tanners, they last and don't get all over everything.

As far as "make-up" goes, it stops at my face. And as far as formal night goes, there's always sheer hose.

Just my .02.

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

it is WONDERFUL! You can adjust the coverage to however much you want, it is so light you barely know you are wearing it, and it withstood 90 degree heat and oily skin ALL DAY without any touch-ups. I left the house at 9 a.m., spent the majority of the day outdoors car shopping, and when I returned home at 6:30 p.m., my makeup looked as if I had just put it on. Also, I have mild rosacea and there was never a hint of red visible on my cheeks - my husband commented on this. I am really impressed. I haven't tried the airbrush legs stuff yet, but that may be tomorrow's project.

I tried the lightest color Sally Hansen makes (I'm blonde and very pale) and it was too dark and didn't look natural at all. It made my legs look like I had heavy foundation on them. Possibly I was doing something wrong. I'll stick with self tanners or just get accustomed to being pale. :-)

I saw a product this weekend at Sears and local drug store - spray on hose - not sure if this is "makeup" exactly as ingredients included some "silk"!!! At sears it was at the hosiery cash - came in 3 colors and looked interesting (they had some cans out to "try" right there but of course I didn't bother at the time!) :rolleyes:

Wondering if anyone has tried this? (and is it the same as the airbrush for legs?)

CruzinTamela, I read your reply on the airbrush makeup. You said you haven't yet tried the legs version. What did you use on your face? I haven't seen anything in the Sally Hansen line for faces. Thanks

I am going to a professional tanning salon to get an airbursh tan. It goes 3 shades darker than you are and lasts 7 to 10 days. For total drying it requires 6 hours. That is before you can go into the pool. After those 6 hours you can do anything you want. Keep in mind you still have to use a sun screen as this is totally cosmestic. Be sure and use a loofa everywhere you want to airbrush as it comes off with the dead skin cells we all shed each day. :eek:

msdnjn- the only place I have been able to find the airbrush makeup is at Meijer - it is called "Sally Hansen Fast and Flawless Airbrush Makeup for All Skins". It says it is long wearing and water resistant, and I can attest to the truth of both of these statements, at least in my case. It was something like $8.00 and comes in four or five different shades. I really love it. I tried the Airbrush Legs in a Can and didn't like it at all. It was very time consuming to apply, and as someone previously said, it looked like heavy foundation on my legs. Also, if your legs get sweaty they stick together.

I have some of the Tan Towels but use them mainly on my face (I cover it when I use the tanning bed because I don't want to look like a piece of beef jerky from the neck up when I'm older). They seem to work pretty well. My mother-in-law LOVES the Tan Towels. Good luck! Be sure to tell us how you like them.

I bought a can of the air stockings yesterday and it's going back to the store.

I'm very fair and the color looked very yellow and unnatural. If the color were right, it would have been a nice product. It went on easily and didn't rub off against my clothes. It gave the skin on my legs a nice finished look - just weirdly colored! :-(

I finally did a test area on my leg of the Sally Hansen product and it came out pretty darn well! I'm extremely fair skinned and the color looked just like "nude" pantyhose. The only concern I have is how long it took to dry! At least 15 minutes passed before I felt comfortable touching it - basically, it looked wet and shiny the whole time. And that was only for a small test patch! Also, I highly recommend shaving well before using this... I don't always shave my upper legs because the hair is very sparse and light but as soon as I sprayed the product on, my hairs bent down and formed a sort of arch under the product. Thankfully, I shave well and don't plan on wearing any short skirts during the cruise. ;) Big thumbs up for this new find!

I'm always the one to try new things, believe me I just got the Natural Bra:eek: , but come on ladies, what's wrong with just putting on a very sheer pair of pantyhose or some self tanner?

This stuff sounds completely yucky (make up for legs), what a pain in the arse!!!!

I just don't get it.:confused:

Happy Sailing!!!!

Romy

Pantyhose makes me sweat (and I'm not talking about my legs) because I'm very hot-bodied as it is. Nothing worse than sitting at dinner wondering if everyone can smell my funk. Sorry for the TMI but you asked! Plus, this is a neat product to try out without going too broke. It's fun! Have you never made an impulse buy of something that looked new and interesting?? I think it'll be an intriguing experience trying this product out! :)

I'm going to buy some and try them on my legs, as I have spider veins. I've bought a lot of cute skirts and sun dresses for my Hawaii cruise and would love to have my legs not look so awful.

Or I was thinking about going and getting air brushed just before we leave in sept. Has anyone else done that before they left on a cruise????

Archived