USA Today video of "skydiving" on board.

Trail46

I thought they had previously stated that everyone would get 2 rides. (I think within a single session). Now they are saying it's a single 1 minute ride and you have to pay for anything beyond that. This nickel and diming is getting insane. Really wish Royal Caribbean would have been more upfront about everything instead of all the secrecy, lies, and false advertising.

Edit: Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy so I looked up the post I made back in March summarizing the original announcement details.

They announced all of the details last year with the travel agent event shortly after the big reveal. The North Star rides are roughly 15 minutes in length (I believe it will be 15 minutes including turn around time). They will be first come first serve with no ride limit just like the Rising Tides bar on Oasis. It will be operated daily while in port or at sea reliant on conditions and regulations. There will also be 3 premium packages including solo rides and special sunset and sunrise packages that include champaign and other perks.

RipCord on the other hand requires sign up and is limited to one time per cruise just like the Zipline on Oasis originally was. Each sign up session is done in groups and involves a training session where you learn the hand signals and how to do it. You then get 2 one minute rides; the first with assistance and the second on your own.

So what we now know is that while up until Friday they were claiming North Star was first come, the COO now claims it's sign up required (though he also believes said signups have been available online and they have never been). Each guests RipCord time is also cut in half which seems odd since they still claim it's a 30 minute session and at the original announcement they made a point to stress 2 rides during the session since the first would be to get used to it and the second you could actually enjoy. Now they are selling the enjoyment one.

Edited by DEIx15x8

i really wanna go on it and think I'm going to be too heavy

someone on another thread said the weight limit is 230 lbs if you're under 6 feet tall and 250 lbs if you're over 6 feet tall. i think the info is somewhere on the thread of the person posting live from the current quantum transatlantic (which for some reason is on the main royal forum rather than the quantum subforum).

i really wanna go on it and think I'm going to be too heavy

Don't hold me to this as I'm trying to recall from memory what others have said. But I believe it was 230lb max if under 6 feet tall and 250lb max if over. (may have been 6.5 feet, not certain, but I believe the weights are accurate)