Bringing your own alcohol on board Celebrity Eclipse?

BlondieAP

• 5 weeks later...
Is this possible? I only want to bring a bottle of my favourite whisky (which they do not offer on board).

How strictly do they police this?

Thanks

We were on the two week, 3/29/15, Eclipse Southern Caribbean cruise and the liquor, sodas, check was pretty strict. Use the Rum Runner clear plastic bags, no problem, unless you take "dark" liquor. Bottles will not work. Google Rum Runner and you can order from the company, or Amazon. Just follow the enclosed instructions. You will receive assorted sizes for about $35.

Jim

We were on the two week, 3/29/15, Eclipse Southern Caribbean cruise and the liquor, sodas, check was pretty strict. Use the Rum Runner clear plastic bags, no problem, unless you take "dark" liquor. Bottles will not work. Google Rum Runner and you can order from the company, or Amazon. Just follow the enclosed instructions. You will receive assorted sizes for about $35.

Jim

Not so fast:D http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199227

I was 2 words away from posting a new thread, same question, different ship...just for kicks and giggles...:D

I knew some would see the humor but others wouldn't so...next time. :p

Love this forum and all the characters who contribute. It's my night time reading entertainment before bed! Thank you all for all the awesome suggestions and feedback!

I would think you are....most people think that rules like these are silly for a variety of reasons...they charge too much for alcohol ...don't carry what I like etc and that it is harmless to circumvent the rules. It is always this way. Do you ever speed when driving?....same thing

[quote name='mvtshops']Am I the only one who finds it mind boggling that so many people post questions about whether they can break a rule or how to get around it? :eek:[/quote]

Whilst you have been all chatting about getting booze on board my better half and myself have taken great pleasure getting some back off!

Crazy, well maybe! Some years ago we took our first celebrity cruise. Our never to be used again travel agent told us that we could take 'any two bottles we liked' on board. Not being big drinkers, but my husband a Jameson's lover, we simply put one bottle in our luggage.

Yes, you have guessed, first night he was in the naughty room, we went to our evening meal in the clothes we had started the day in...our drink was not returned at the end of the cruise.

Could it get worse? Oh yes. We had been looking for some wine tasting, other events and what should be advertised? Jameson tasting in Michael's club ( then not a suite venue).

It became a matter of principal this holiday with a premium package to return to the room with a little measure of the Irish liqueur and to decant into a plastic water bottle.

Have we enjoyed our decanted tipple? Oh yes!