Faster to the Fun Question ...

kristie64063

OP, I am platinum and booked kids who are not in adjoining cabins. Was told they may or may not let them board with me so I just bought them FTTF. Who wants to start a cruise with a big stupid hassle? I would just order it for your other cabin. No fuss, no mess.

Did your rooms share the same booking number? When we did this and shared a booking number, we were told to only by one FTTF because it is for everyone in our party. We checked in together for our two rooms and we got our FTTF pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a loophole that's been closed. Either you got a generous person or it wasn't recent. It was 2 cabins, each should have had a separate FTTF.

OP, I am platinum and booked kids who are not in adjoining cabins. Was told they may or may not let them board with me so I just bought them FTTF. Who wants to start a cruise with a big stupid hassle? I would just order it for your other cabin. No fuss, no mess.

Platinum here as well. We booked 3 cabins for our cruise this past April. In order to get everyone priority status- we had to put our 19 year old daughter in her own cabin. Because she was under our sail and sign account, and was considered to be a minor by Carnival, she was permitted to board with us. Her card was in a different area- they just went to that spot, and brought it to her.

Did your rooms share the same booking number? When we did this and shared a booking number, we were told to only by one FTTF because it is for everyone in our party. We checked in together for our two rooms and we got our FTTF pass.

how long ago was that? ALL cabins will have a different number. There is no way that two cabins will have the same booking number.

Were your cabins connecting with minor children?

My last cruise, fttf only got on the ship 10 minutes faster. Not worth the $50pp

It is not only about getting on the ship faster.

It can be about not having to wait in a long line to check in.

It can be about getting to go to your stateroom upon arrival, without breaking the rules.

It can be about getting your luggage and unpacking before muster drill.

It can be about a S&S card that keep demagnetizing and having to make multiple trips to guest services.

It can be about booking an early excursion with a private vender at a tender port.

It can be about getting an early debark to get on the road for a long drive home.

With a toddler and a mobility impaired parent in tow these simple things can make a huge different in my vacation experience.

how long ago was that? ALL cabins will have a different number. There is no way that two cabins will have the same booking number.

Were your cabins connecting with minor children?

January of this year. We also have the same booking number for this upcoming January and per our Pvp purchased one FTTF for the booking number. It is my understanding that when you travel as a family you can all share a booking number. They are all on my sail and sign so the accounts are all joined.

January of this year. We also have the same booking number for this upcoming January and per our Pvp purchased one FTTF for the booking number. It is my understanding that when you travel as a family you can all share a booking number. They are all on my sail and sign so the accounts are all joined.

if they are not ALL minors in the room that doesn't have the FTTF , don't be surprised or upset if they don't let you. They have closed that loophole and many people have posted here that they don't allow it anymore.

You might have gotten lucky before and you might get lucky again but they can prevent it and have

here is the verbiage on the Carnival site

Note: Faster to the Fun package does not grant access to the Priority Check-In Lounge; furthermore, the FTTF guests will proceed on board the ship after those guests in the Priority Check-In Lounge. For guests traveling in separate stateroom, regardless of age of the guests, all staterooms must purchase the FTTF program in order for all of the cabins to board through FTTF priority check-in.

Edited by hftmrock

One thing no one has mentioned doesn't even have to do with Faster to the Fun.........If you have individuals registered in one room and staying in another it causes for a bit of confusion when trying to get in and out of your cabin. The sons card and the MIL's card will not open the cabin they are staying in!! We just did this for the Cheers package a couple of weeks ago and it was a bit of a hassle !!!!!

Edited by lcp9984

One thing no one has mentioned doesn't even have to do with Faster to the Fun.........If you have individuals registered in one room and staying in another it causes for a bit of confusion when trying to get in and out of your cabin. The sons card and the MIL's card will not open the cabin they are staying in!! We just did this for the Cheers package a couple of weeks ago and it was a bit of a hassle !!!!!

We realize this and I think stated above that once on board we'd officially have them switched back through guest services; when booking, our Carnival employee booking us, said this is no problem.

It used to be that way, but it isn't now. If every family got early embarkation, there would no longer be anyone getting on early.

You'd better get this straightened out before you sail, because someone told you wrong. It's 1 FTTF per cabin.

I've heard that keeping the card next to your cell phone can cause this.

LOL he doesnt use a cell phone. (personally I think the battery was going dead on the door but they never checked that

or go to the guest services and ask for an extra cabin card.