THEME NIGHTS! How do we plan

bette65

for theme nights? Is it going to be 50's? Western? Or maybe the Islands? How do I know what to bring? Now won't we look cute if we plan for 50's and it is a Western theme... Help!

Don't worry about theme nights. Most, if not all, cruise lines aren't doing them anymore. There might be an island night where a very few people will wear island shirts, but even then not many people participate. I think cruise lines got away from doing theme nights in the early 90's because people just didn't participate in them. On our last 7 cruises, there weren't any theme nights. With luggage restrictions people just don't want to have to worry about packing costumes. On our last Royal Caribbean cruise on the Adventure, and on our Grandeur of the Seas cruise three years ago, they didn't have any theme nights. When it was Caribbean night in the dining room, some people wore Hawaiian shirts, but that was about it.

Tracie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , I agree with the previous post. On our last couple cruises, if there was a theme night hardly anyone participated, may be a handfull of people.I didn't bother to pack anything special and did not feel out of place. I wouldn't worry about it. Just pack what you would ordinarly need, less stress and more fun.
Cori

I, too, agree. Theme nights are almost passe. As is the midnight buffet. And even formal nights. Men used to comprise 80% of tux wear, and today, there is about 20% in a tux. We have seen so much [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] change over the years...

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Archived